work, work, all day long
[html]

This post sucks, sorry. >< /+2

Ayasha snorted and implied there was nothing they could do about the new leader. That confused Ephraim, who had heard a lot of stories of uprisings and rank challenges, but he didn’t question the AniWayans if there was something else holding them back. After all, Maska ruled the Guardians—which granted him quite a bit of power as far as strength went. He didn’t blame the tribe members for having a healthy sense of preservation.

After all, wasn’t that what he was doing? Sitting, biding his time, ducking his head in obedience?

All the eunuch did was nod after she explained, his brown eyes widening slightly at her growl. He hadn’t seen being roughed up a bit as a big deal, but apparently it’d struck a nerve with her—and he did know that the other prisoners had suffered much worse treatment. The Guardians had simply written him off as an idiot, someone useful to have for labor, someone who wasn’t much of a threat.

“In the big old cabin, you mean?” Ephraim asked, tilting his head to the side. “Hmmm. There’s a few, yeah, smell strongly of a different pack than this one. Quiet folks, sullen. Didn’t get much out of ’em when we spoke.”

He shrugged then smirked as she asked if he needed anything. “Personally, give me some food and I’m content. I’ll ask the other prisoners if they could use some supplies, though. Haven’t been here long, so I’m not feeling the discomfort as much, but I dunno about them. Maybe we can work something out, in case I see you again while I’m working on this.” He gestured to the half-hollowed piece of wood and smiled at Ayasha.

“You’re a good girl. A strong girl. Your parents should be proud of you.”

<style type="text/css"> .ephanoe b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff9ee;} .ephanoe t {font-style:italic; color:#fff9ee;} .ephanoe p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;} .ephanoe {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#ab9361; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/122yeeh.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; font-family:cambria; font-size:13px; color:#161311; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#c0ae89 1px 1px 1px;} .ephanoe .inner {margin:5px 10px 200px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/21bn0ba.jpg); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: dotted; border-color:#6d5e3e;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread