Am I ready to go?
[html]

OOC All welcome. Orin could use someone to help her get the hang of the horse thing. She's had minor experience with horses, and is taking what she hopes to be a very well trained mare on her trip. Other preparation help or goodbyes are totally accepted too, even if a character just pops in for a post or two and back out.

Word Count → 400+

It was time to get a move on. She knew she was going and didn't want to put off preparing any longer. It was important to leave on time, because the sooner she left the sooner she would be back, yet there were so many things to be done! She had entrusted the care of her new pet cow to the stablehand, and the care of her adolescent daughters to Shawchert and the pack, and those two things alone already felt like a burden she could not leave behind.

What if something happens to the girls while I'm gone, she worried as she moved into the stables, her presence greeted by several clopping hooves and snorts of welcome. Usually when a random pack member entered the stables, one of the horses received a treat. Orin didn't know which of the community mares she was taking with her, so for the last several days had hoped to grease their palms and better their opinion of her with lots of snacks. Now, both mares saw her come in, and nickered happily.

“So, which one of you two are horse enough for the job? We've got a lot of ground to cover, but I'm a light burden, and I'm not packing much to bring either,” she talked to them in a soothing tone, offering fresh apples and carrots to each. The mares greedily munched them down, approving of the offering. “Can't say that we'll be traveling back as light as we're leaving, though. And I might need one of you who won't work another little creature to death... that is, if I find what I think might be out there..” her voice trailed off as her vague statement led into a personal thought. She remembered those animals from the books... some sort of strange camel-like creature that was not too large but terribly useful. It could pull carts, carry packs, climb mountains, and if you were slight of build (like Orin) you could ride them as well. She hoped she could find one for her new collection of livestock. She wondered what the cow would think of a llama. She glanced over her shoulder at the animal that she'd been housing here, it's jaw still churning, remembering that the cow didn't seem to think much of anything at all.

“Cow, you need a name,” she said, moving away from the stabled mares and over to the hay patch that was the animal's litter. She put her hands on either side of the bridle she had affixed to her days ago and looked her in the eye. “S.... Sooo... No. Beesss... no... Sor... uh... Soraya! What do you think? Soraya the Cow?” She beamed with pride at the name. “Soraya the Cow.”

<style>
.moocow .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.moocow p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.moocow b {color:#fff096; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.moocow {background-color:#7495fc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Rqf68.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#072530; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#FFFFFF;}
.moocow .inner {margin:0px 10px 370px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#3B4E48;}
.moocow .wordcount {color:#fff096; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #072530; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread