an unsto[p]pable force & and an immovable object.
[html]
Hrrgughghh. -Fail.-

There it was. The boy heeded her unspoken command to Stay, stopping fluidly and pivoting on his heels. He maintained the guise of obedience and humility, but inside he was grinning. Perhaps dropping the present leader's name wasn't enough, but tossing in three of those past certainly did the trick. Oddly, it was his grandfather's that seemed to influence her most. Grandpa's living further west now with Alacrity, my mom, and my uncle, he reported dutifully, figuring it was best to first give her what she wanted. He's told me a lot about this place, he added solemnly. Gone was the lackadaisical indifference he demonstrated only moments ago; he knew the coyotes took their clan very seriously, and by now he had a better sense of what Halo expected from him. She wouldn't be impressed by a cool attitude, no — she demanded respect and compliance alone. Anyone with a stubborn or bullish personality would probably butt heads with such a domineering female, but Barry could work with just about anything.

Maybe he's mentioned you before, too, er... ma'am? he tried, searching for some sort of connection. Truthfully, dozens of names came up in Anselm's stories, but only a handful did with such frequency or potency that they managed to stick in his thick head. Gabriel and Kaena were obvious, but Barry also remembered the monikers and rough descriptions of his closest relatives, like his aunt Ryan. The rest was something of a blur, but he hoped he might recall some key detail given her name; perhaps his memory could be sparked into action, even if it wasn't good enough to pull out much on its own.

<style>
.barry-graffiti p {padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.barry-graffiti b {color:#3CBCD7; font-family:georgia, serif; font-weight:bold; font-size:12px;text-shadow: #000000 0.1em 0.1em 0.3em;quotes:'“' '”';}
.barry-graffiti b:before{content:open-quote;}
.barry-graffiti b:after{content:close-quote;}
.barry-graffiti {font-family: 'PT Sans Caption',verdana,sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#777777; text-align: justify; background-color:#2B292A; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... affiti.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px;width:100%;border:0;}
.barry-graffiti-ext{background-color:#ffffff; border:3px double #000000;width:90%; margin:0 auto; max-width:700px; min-width:450px;-moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 15px #111111;-webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 15px #111111;margin-top:20px;}
.barry-graffiti .ooc {padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px;border-bottom:1px dotted #222222; font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:10px;color:#555555;line-height:12px;}
.barry-graffiti .wotd {border-bottom:1px dotted #222222;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread