May it be an evening star
[html]
MAJOR PHAILS

I guess I'll bleed in silence

'You're not dumb. You're naive. I only want to make all this clear to you: I can try and teach you to shift, but it hurts that you could possibly consider fighting. A war is something dangerous, Ember.' He was being so damn pedantic now, treating her as if she were retarded or stubborn. She'd said enough times that she would not to stupid things, so did he have to hammer the point like this? He shook his head at himself and followed her down in the den.

The place smelled entirely of her. That was his first reaction. Everything here was Ember, every nook and cranny held her scent, and he felt so scared all of a sudden. Not because she was so close to him, but because he was about to play an important role in her life. Shifting was something big, it was a good thing he could keep his cool. Or so he thought. But having her here now was more than he had ever dreamt of. Slowly, he focused on reaching his own halfling shape and his bones creaked with the effort. He was weak, too weak for this and about three minutes later he stood there with her, swooning slightly. 'Forgive me. My wounds are still healing.' Lubomir gave her a small smile. There, he was okay now, right? 'You say it hurts. Now, I want you to take my hand and concentrate. You know what a fully shifted wolf looks like, right? I want you to keep that image in mind and focus on it, try to visualise your arms lengthening. You will grow powerful and agile, you will be tall and strong, Ember.' His voice was all a monotone, a strategy his sister had employed to get him to shift, by calming him down. 'Now try to do it, my Lady.' Lubomir wasn't sure she could do it. But he would learn where it hurt.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread