Whispers in the Dark
[html]

OOC Here!

Rurik shivered a bit in the cool night air and pulled his still torn cloak tighter as he walked. He needed a place to sleep for the night, preferably a tree hollow or a cave, or something other than the cold hard ground. "Why did I have to keep going north..." He said to himself, the chill night air finding the large hole in the back of his cloak for the umpteenth time, making him shiver and growl to himself. A few days before he had ventured to the borders of Inferni to try and find a trader, or anyone else that could assist him in mending his cloak. He had not been successful, to his disappointment. So now, he wandered further north toward Anathema for the same reason.

Just as another passing breeze decided to torment him, his stomach grumbled at him, reminding him that he hadn't eaten at all the past few days. He scowled down at his stomach and growled back. Shut up you... He mumbled and looked back up. Up ahead and slightly to his right he saw a flickering light; a fire light.The grip on his black staff/walking stick tightened and he checked his katana and dagger by second nature. Where there was fire there were normally other wolves, and where there were wolves there was generally food, assuming this wasn't a wild fire of course.

As he continued on he realized that the fire was coming from a cave; there went his wild fire idea. He made sure to keep back far enough to not be seen, lest he get caught by someone with ill intent. He made mental notes on what he saw. "Horse, fire in a cave, I think I see someone in there..." He edged closer, silent across the cold ground. He was now close enough to hear the sounds of stone on metal, like someone sharpening something. He glanced around his tree to get a better look. From where he was he couldn't see the person very well, but they seemed to be older, and they definitely had some kind of weapon, but he had never seen anything like it before. He glanced in front of him, and then at the ground. There was a tree he wanted to get to, but he was close enough to the cave that the fire light would reveal him if he were too slow. "I guess it's a good thing I'm quick then..." He said to himself with a grin. With a quick jump he went straight...down? He hit the ground with a clearly audible thud and a groan. He glanced back to see what had stopped him, and saw his foot resting on the large root of a tree. He huffed and rest his head on the ground, not wanting to move much. "Maybe they didn't see me..." He mused to himself, but they would have to be deaf, blind, and senile to not see the large lump laying on the ground between two trees.

<style>
.rurikk .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#FFFFFF; text-indent:7px; font-size:11px;}
.rurikk p {padding:10px; color:#FFFFFF; text-indent: 10px; font-size:12px;}
.rurikk b {color:#3399FF; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.rurikk i {color:#6D6D6D; font-size:13px;}
.rurikk {background-image:url(http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz15 ... e/moon.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; width: 400px; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread