Bone and Plastic
[html]
Rah, finally, some computer access!

The bone-laden male chuckled. You'll like it. I do. nodded after reading Sascha's note, turning around to pick up a flat stone he'd found. It was about a foot wide, and slightly lopsided. It had obviously been cleaved off of a boulder with a well- placed sledgehammer blow. He took a piece of meat- part of the lower thigh- and placed it on the stone, using his leather- wrapped foot to push it close enough to one of the logs that soon it was bubbling and hissing, releasing the smell of cooking meat into the air. It might attract others. He put a leg on the staff he'd been trying to fit the metal head on, running the wood close to the bone and stabbing it into the earth. The stick was too thick for his spear anyway.

The werecoyote thought back. The first time he'd eaten cooked meat was at the old witch-woman's house. Before that, he remembered, his family had forbidden all to eat cooked meat. they saw it as a perversion. Hah! As if torture was natural. The coyote chuckled when alma asked how he hunted with his bones. Some might find it cowardly, but I lie in wait at a path to water. Then when deer or other animals wander toward it, I throw a weighted spear to stop the animal. Then I end its life with my teeth. He took out a hunting javelin he'd recently crafted- it was short, and made of a metal dowel that had been found and beaten on an anvil to a hooked spike on one end. I would never dream of removing my bones, for anything. They are my spirits, and they keep me safe. He nudged the rock furter into the fire, and took another piece of raw meat, chewing on it.

<style type="text/css">
.carrithang b {font-weight:bold; color:#c1b2aa; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2f0a07; }
.carrithang p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.carrithang {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#472d2b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/P0pJs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 380px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#967663; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.carrithang p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.carrithang p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread