crescendo
[html]

This is such an interesting character and piece that I'm surprised no one has jumped on this thread. On that note, I couldn't resist Tongue I hope you don't mind. Although it's probably assumed, this post is back-dated to when you stated.

Blind had been wandering through the Eclipse for what seemed like ages; she'd had to stop and let out a grateful yip once the trees parted and she could see the sky once more. She could smell saltwater not far from where she was now, along with other scents she couldn't quite distinguish. Off in the distance, she could see more square dens like the ones that she had encountered in Halifax, later coming to find that they were what some called 'buildings'. This new world was taking some getting used to for Blind, but it was slowly becoming a part of her life, and she welcomed the change...most times.

After taking some time to heal from the bear attack, Blind had set out on her journey to her homeland once more, determined to find some answers to her questionable past. Her mother had kept much of it a secret from her, and the only reason she knew which way to go was because it seemed that her heart carried her there. As she wandered past trees and rocks and small creatures, it truly resonated with the young wolf just how far she had traveled since her journey began as a pup, and she wondered, however nervously, just how far her home really was from where she lived now.

It took Blind really stopping to ponder her life before she realized just how much of a nobody she really was. It was true that most creatures feel this way at one time or another, but she didn't have the normal experiences that most did to look back on as 'stepping stones' in her young life. All she knew was traveling, eating, sleeping, and talking with another canine here and there, and none of it felt like it had helped her realize who she was. Although it might have been a far-fetched idea, Blind hoped that by returning to her birthplace, she might finally realize who she was as a child, and who she was meant to become as an adult.

The strong scent of another canine suddenly snatched Blind's thoughts from her as she wandered further along the coast. And, not only could she smell canine, but she could smell birds as well. Perhaps I've stumbled across a farm? she thought. But that seemed absurd to have a farm so close to the ocean...didn't it?

As she moved closer, Blind spotted a slender creature perched among the rocks, peering down at the rolling saltwater. A long, black skin hung about the figure's shoulders, and its mane was tousled and loosely braided. She could smell fear on the creature - or perhaps just sweat - as she moved steadily closer. Finally, as her paws touched the shaky stones that lined the coast, Blind stopped a short distance from what she could now tell was a female, and she watched her curiously.

<style type="text/css">
.blindlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#84c1a5; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#856c71 0px 0px 1px; font-family:palatino linotype, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.blindlight p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.blindlight .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:right; font-family:verdana;}
.blindlight {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/mlnhg.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#856c71; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread