Archery [p]ractice!
[html]

Argh! I am sorry for the wait on this, I completely forgot about it, feel free to send me a poking PM if I leave it this long again. WC: 849

The young patchwork girl smiled at the male as she approached, he gave his name, she nodded as he spoke, then again perhaps this was not his name, perhaps by saying "call me Dresden" he was hiding his true identity. Robin doubted this of course, after all why would a male that carried a bow be of any danger to her? He looked to her to be like a real life Robin Hood, wandering through the lands with a horse and a lot of arrows; just as the hero had done of old, just as the young Aatte girl was planning to do, she so longed to be a heroine, it was just going to take a little while for her body to grow into her big ideas. The young female looked up at the male, perhaps he would teach her if she asked him nicely? She knew the basic principle of firing a bow, but she had never actually fired one, she knew what to do, it was now just a case of practicing and getting some arrows. The young female smiled as the male replied to her comment about his bow, she had felt a little foolish when she had said it, after all it was a statement of the obvious, but he did not seem phased by it; the girl's bi-coloured tail wagged as the male spoke again, he did not make her feel silly for her comment and so she was even more pleased to have met him. He pulled his bow from his back and the little female looked at it with large curious eyes, it was a lot more worn than her own new weapon, it seemed as thought it had seen a lot of use, it had several nicks in it, the small girl wondered how long he had owned it. It seemed that it was rather old, the young girl wondered if she would have her own bow that long. The male commented that her bow was nice and the grin on her face widened as she looked up at him, her tail wagging vigorously.
"Thank you, I think it is very nice, my great grandmother made it for me, it has my name carved on it, look." The patchwork Aatte replied, turning the bow to show the male, pointing at the carefully carved lettering, surrounded by the carved pattern of swirls. She did love her new weapon, when her sable ancestor had turned up on the borders with it she had been more than delighted, she had never hugged the older woman before then, nor had she called her great grandmother, but that day she had been so ecstatic with the thoughtful present, so glad that her great grandmother had known just what she would want, that she had done both.

"Your bow is very nice too, it looks old though, have you had it for a long time?" Robin asked, looking up at the male with a smile, she was curious about him, as she was with everyone, he sparked her imagination, she wondered if he was indeed the hero that she could just imagine him to be, seeing him galloping across the lands rescuing wolves in her imagination's eye. She wondered if perhaps he was a great warrior, just as she imagined her father to be. The male commented on her lack of arrows and the girl nodded, she wondered whether or not she should explain why she had none, her great grandmother not providing her with any, instead she had simply given her a book on how to make them.
"Yes, my great grandmother gave me a book on making them instead." The girl replied, looking at the male, a small look of shame in her eyes, she knew that she should have stayed up all night making some, she could have asked her uncle Alder to help her; darn her mother for telling her that it was time for bed! She knew that she should have snuck out of the house and found a nice brightly lit place in the old hotel to sit and make arrows, for now how silly did she look without any arrows but with a bow in perfectly good working order. Then the grey male did something that widened the grin on her face to a point where it almost split her face in two, the male handed her an arrow. The small girl's tail wagged violently with delight as she took the arrows from his hand, peering at it with a careful eye, examining it all over, how wonderful it was to have an arrow of her very own!
"Oh thank you! Thank you!" The little female exclaimed, bouncing from foot to foot with delighted excitement.
"I don't suppose you might show me how to fire my bow would you please? I haven't used it before." The small girl asked, looking away slightly, her face a little ashamed as she imagined that he would now be thinking that she was indeed just a silly little girl with a bow now.

Table by Marie Lyrics and image copyright disney

<style>
.robinhood p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; }
p.robinhood-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.robinhood p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;}
.robinhood b {color:#c4eeb1; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.robinhood {background-color:#0c1a06; background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... ttetop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6ab848; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:285px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread