wake, dreamer
[html]

lala.

She wanted to scream, but she couldn’t. She wanted to move, but she couldn’t. The edges of her vision blurred every time another wave of pain battered her, so she closed her eyes tight and focused on the one thing she could do. Breathe. Each breath was forced out of her lungs with a vigor that could have drawn blood. Her body was curled to a point that the agony might not sting as much, but each flow made her flinch as best as she could during the heartbreaking minute. It didn’t take her long to distinguish the feeling.

She had not known how close she was to labor. Dim, Ever knew, but the thought that the one morning she had tried to reconstruct her life had been her day had not crossed her mind. If it had, she would have been better off closer to home. Blackness swam before her, pulsing in rhythm with the contractions as they only struck deeper and intolerable.

Ever wouldn’t have known Ezra was there if he had not spoken. Likely, she could have been attacked and not registered it until she was long dead. The hurting dulled out all of her senses and left her feeling broken and useless. She kept her ocean eyes closed as long as she could, probably a death wait for her mate on the other side of the blackness. So when she opened them, the world was too bright.

Ezra,”

The silver lady managed, her voice sounding dry and parched, as if she had been starved of water for weeks. She wanted to show him how pleased she was he was here, but couldn't manage that either.

I’m sorry … sorry, I’m sorry … I’m sorry,

She repeated, the pain cutting off her words and forcing the same ones out over and over again. Tears began streaming. Finally, it seemed. Ever wanted to be home, she wanted Ezra to take her there.

I want to go, Ezra … go home,

Ever yelped, her melodic voice thick with unshed tears. It wasn’t possible, she couldn’t make it. A strong soreness like no pain she had felt caused her request to turn in a scream. The scream wasn’t loud, but shrill and desperate and her dark hands clenched air soundlessly.

<style type="text/css">
.midnightwave-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; color:#a2bbb8; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.midnightwave-ooc2 {font-style:italic; color:#a2bbb8; padding-left:100px; font-size:12px; text-align:left;}
.midnightwave b {font-weight:bold; color:#a2bbb8; letter-spacing:1px}
.midnightwave p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.midnightwave-line {width:420px; border-top:1px dotted #737d7d; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
.midnightwave{margin:0 auto; background-color:#030709; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/ztx2eq.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 209px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#395b5a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:500px; border:1px solid #015e41; margin:0 auto;}
</style>

3+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread