The wealth of the sea at our fingertips.
[html]

Word Count :: 500+

Wonderful… the word rang like music to her ears, and Liliya perked up considerably. A prideful smile crossed her muzzle as her leader started to speak positively of the project she had undertaken. She wanted to do this for herself, and for her pack. And she so dearly hoped that the task would help get her noticed by the royals. Salsoa was family… as the Dark Lady taught her the day she joined… and Liliya was in dire need of that surrogate family more than ever. It was imperative not to let the praise go to her head, though, and she reminded herself that she still had a long road ahead of her yet.

She nodded carefully, her eyes turning to Khirot as Eris motioned toward him. She looked him over, scanning his form and deciding she liked what she saw, even if it was only for the obedience the man willfully portrayed. So much better than some of the insolent slaves. He would probably do a good job with the dock. She nodded gratefully. “I am sure I vhill make good use of him. He does not waste time, this is good. I do not like to waste time.” She shot a glare to the slave that mouthed off to her earlier.

The Dark Lady patted her on the arm, admiring the lean bulk she had built over many seasons of sailing, hunting, and crafting. She was by no means an expert at any of these things, but her constant activity did well for her form. Half a smile quirked her muzzle and once again she felt that jolt of pride from being complimented by a lady of such high esteem.

“Thank you, Lady,” she said with a nod. “Is mostly the sea to thank. Many months of fishing and sailingk, even small ventures, has been good to me. I should hope to continue my affair with the sea… For Salsoa, of course.” Her eyes wandered toward the water again, focusing on the gentle rolling waves. “Is a rich sea, Salsoa is very lucky to have. Somehow, though,” her eyes turned back to Eris, “I do not think it has to do with only luck.”

“Your help would be an honor, but you vhould not have to trouble yourself for me. Still, there vhill be much I vhould like to run by you while I am workingk. Like, where exactly is okay for dock. I am thinkingk it vhill be placed somewhere between there and there,” she pointed to a boulder in the sand (out of the water) and a rooted tree. “If you see how the shore looks there, the sand rakes down gently for a few feet, giving dock solid foundation, and then drops deep suddenly, so there vhill be room for many boats. Vrubatsa? Is good place, you agree?”

“There is one thingk too that could really help this go faster. Findingk supplies takes most of my time. I am sure slaves vhill help very much gettingk them here once they are found. If perhaps you could help get word out that extra building material is needed for dock, especially type that would be useful for boat. Boat material is very hard to find. Best thing to have is old boat to start from.”

Image courtesy of 24730945@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.liliya-d04 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/btR5k.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#B3783D; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:285px 0px 10px 0px; color:#2F1F0E; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFF3CC; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.liliya-d04 b {color:#FFF3CC; }
.liliya-d04 p { text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.liliya-d04 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread