The wealth of the sea at our fingertips.
[html]

(417)

Eris is by me!

Liliya had been a good addition to her Salsola. The dark hybrid knew of her family through Janos, and she liked and trusted Janos amongst the upper echelons of Salsola, after all. It would stand to reason she would find the same strength elsewhere in the Russo clan, and she thought Liliya was already doing quite a lot to prove the dark Auxiliary right.

Neither Khirot nor the poltroon seemed interested in speaking, which Eris found good. It was not good for a slave to interrupt. She trusted Khirot to know this, but Cassius? Not so much. Still, perhaps there was hope for him yet. The compliment Liliya paid her evoked a grin on the dark hybrid's face, but she did not verbally respond. In truth, Eris had not considered the sea when staking Salsola's claim. That it was as bountiful and beautiful as their land claim was an unexpected boon.

The coyote nodded as Liliya spoke, though much of the technical aspect of building this dock went right over her head. The hybrid had no idea why the gently sloping sand was the best place to build, but she trusted Liliya's judgment. At the woman's request, the hybrid gave a more enthusiastic nod, a crooked grin sliding across her sable-hued muzzle. Would an old boat from Halifax work? It would be troublesome to bring all the way from the city, but Salsola has horses for a reason, after all, the coyote said, taking a few steps toward the area where Liliya had indicated they would build. She hunkered down and surveyed the small patch of land, chartreuse eyes trying to discern just what it was about this spot that was so perfect for dock building. She'd never ask, but she would try to figure it out on her own, too.

I will do my best to inform the others, though -- they must know of this project. I've already spoken of it at our previous Last Supper celebration, of course. They should be too eager to help, the hybrid added, straightening up and standing, turning toward Liliya with a smile. Her gaze shifted to Khirot, and she spoke loudly and slowly. What does my Khirot think of this plan? she inquired, her voice saccharine. The slave considered, his eyes flickering over the place Liliya had chosen.

Yes, meetre, good looks. I help, the jackal said, his speech the slow, halting sort of a newcomer to the language. Eris beamed at the slave, her gaze then shifting back to Liliya. He's such a good boy, she purred to the tawny woman.

<style>
#erisSie3 {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisSie3 p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisSie3 p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#erisSie3 p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#erisSie3 p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#erisSie3 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisSie3 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisSie3 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#erisSie3 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisSie3 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie3 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie3 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread