[AW] Welcome Home
[html]

Word Count » 295
Table by Sie

Slade Auctor

Slade wasn't soothed much when another canine stepped into the scene, a black-and-white male who just so happened to be well-armed. The already scared coyote wasn't soothed by the stranger's voice; in fact, he couldn't take his eyes off the daggers. The memories of those slave traders were too fresh for him to not be unsettled by any wolf who carried a weapon. The entire time he thought about the situation, and even when he eventually spoke, his eys wouldn't leave the glinting weapons.

Even worse, the Optime male seemed to be the only one with a cool head, which really didn't help. It made him seem all the more suspicious. Sheer paranoia set in as Slade disregarded the female's whimperings and began to back up, hoping to slide into the tangles of green stalks without having to talk first. He forced himself to look calm and ceased his trembling, though his ears were still flattened and he wasn't meeting anyone's eyes. He just wanted to flee. I just can't have a normal day, can I? Why can't I just get out of here and never have to see this place again?

Having calmed his mind slightly, Slade cleared his throat and said “One of the-- I've got no idea what you're talking about”–which was a complete lie because he was wondering if this female had been enslaved as well–“but I'd be more than happy to leave if someone would kindly direct me to the exit of this stupid field maze.” His body was rigid with irritation and yet he was resisting the urge to pace. Much like his thoughts, it seemed as if he couldn't figure out a single emotion to focus on. For all you know you're acting as insane as this female....

<style>
.slade-txt {font-family: 'Palatino Linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.slade-txt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XXDEO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.slade-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.slade-txt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.slade-txt .tagline {font-family:'Zeyada', arial, serif; font-size:30px; padding:25px 15px 13px 0px; text-align:right;}
.slade-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.slade-txt .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.slade-txt .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:5px; float:left; font-size:60px;}
.slade-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.slade-txt u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread