[P] Sickening Familiarity
[html]

Word Count » 542
Long post is long. And Slade's current avatar totally fits the mood of this thread, no? XD

Slade Auctor

This day really couldn't get much worse, could it? As Slade gave the air a good long sniff, making sure to steer far away from the borders, he stiffened as an all-too-familiar wolf scent came over him. Oh no. No, no, no! Not him again!

Too late. Slade had to steel his nerves in preparation of another argument as he saw none other than Jaden Ohanzee walking right for him, being followed by a younger brown wolf. The coyote's amber gaze was steady as he faced his mortal enemy. There was no doubt about it that this was Jaden; Slade would never mistake that red-patched charcoal fur or beady dark blue eyes. Unfortunately, the wound that the brute had borne last time the two met had healed. There were no physical weaknesses to hone in on. There would be no mocking without fear today.

Slade's paws begged for him to run; he had already been beaten up enough today by the forces of nature and he certainly couldn't take much roughing up by a wolf who was well-armed. However, pride clouded his common sense, and in spite of his better judgment he shouted, “Jaden!” He paused and let the summoning call echo in the open mountain air. The tension was almost overbearing. Every bit of the coyote's body signaled fury: hackles raised, tail stiff and straight, body rigid, head raised, ears pinned to the back of his head and amber eyes kept wide. This would not be a peaceful encounter.

Now what was he thinking? Even after being captured by a bunch of prejudiced brutes not unlike this one, Slade hadn't toughened up much at all. A drop of paranoia hit his mind as he wondered if Jaden was a member of that alliance... but the black wolf hadn't shown any desire to keep the coyote for himself at their first encounter. Slavery was not an option. Slade didn't have the time to wonder if this was a good thing or not.

He growled as he tried to meet Jaden's gaze, not giving a second look to the female nearby who had gotten tangled up in their rivalry. That would only stir pity, and if he knew how wolves like this one acted Slade would show nothing that could be considered a weakness. “Didn't expect to meet you here! What are you doing in such desolate lands?” Quickly realizing that the same could be asked of him Slade followed his question with another inquiry, hoping to grab Jaden's full attention. He could ask the same thing to me. I can't tell him what I've been through.

“I suppose you've been exiled from Dahlia de 'Mia'”–of course he wasn't about to let that one go–“for wounding one of their own members... a coyote who had no right to submit to you, perhaps? And now you've picked up this poor soul so you can show her how to become a cold-blooded assassin like yourself, I assume.” He was taking it a bit far to assume things, for if he was wrong it would only result in a sharp correction, but right now he wanted to jump on any opportunity he could to point out Jaden's faults in front of his presumably follower.

<style>
.slade-txt {font-family: 'Palatino Linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.slade-txt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XXDEO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.slade-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.slade-txt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.slade-txt .tagline {font-family:'Zeyada', arial, serif; font-size:30px; padding:25px 15px 13px 0px; text-align:right;}
.slade-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.slade-txt .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.slade-txt .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:5px; float:left; font-size:60px;}
.slade-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.slade-txt u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread