[P] Sickening Familiarity
[html]

Word Count » 396
Table by Sie

Slade Auctor

Ah, yes. If there was one thing that hadn't changed in the least since Slade had left the area, it was Jaden's sour attitude, arrogance, prejudice, so on and so forth. The brute quickly refuted all the coyote's attempts at an insult, and judging by the younger wolf's body language he had successfully put the target on Slade's back. The worst had happened, naturally: Jaden had asked what Slade was doing in this terrible excuse for a homeland.

Slade knew that a moment's hesitation would cost him the debate but he couldn't come up with a good excuse quickly enough. “Is a coyote allowed to travel?” he asked at last. “Although, I suppose you'd say that we are helpless canines who have to sit in their den all day and beg for scraps, isn't that right? Let this be known as proof that the opposite is true.” He was keenly aware that both Jaden and his 'pupil' seemed ready for a fight; Slade would be badly outnumbered if this came to a physical battle and he had to keep the war to words and wit alone.

He hadn't noticed it but he had adopted a much more formal way of speaking, the tone that he normally used when telling the serious parts of his stories. It fit the mood well. “And who's to say that anyone among us is dishonorable? If there's anyone who should strive to better themselves, it's you. You never did give a valid reason for hating coyotes so much and I see you're more than prepared to pass on this unnecessary hatred to your poor student.” He paused, trying to recall every detail of their previous encounter and make sure he was correct; there was no time to look like a fool in a situation like this.

Before he slipped up Slade knew he'd have to try to return the focus to the wolf. The more evil he could bring out the better. “Tell us, Jaden. Why did you ever feel the need to treat me like little more than scum? I, for one, may have been content with a friendly chat had you not decided to use brute force and give me a scar.” He spat out the final word as if he were hissing snake preparing to strike. If only I had the physical power to strengthen my words!

<style>
.slade-txt {font-family: 'Palatino Linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.slade-txt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XXDEO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.slade-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.slade-txt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.slade-txt .tagline {font-family:'Zeyada', arial, serif; font-size:30px; padding:25px 15px 13px 0px; text-align:right;}
.slade-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.slade-txt .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.slade-txt .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:5px; float:left; font-size:60px;}
.slade-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.slade-txt u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread