And so the petal falls
[html]
+7. REVELATION BITCHES.

The woman hated to see him in pain, and each time his body flinched or even twitched when the cloth touched him she felt her heart shatter inside. She continued to clean the wound, as the cloth came out pink with each press she made, until he handed her the white bandages over his shoulder. The female nodded, though he could not see the movement, as the shadows grew longer and the firelight became their source of light, illuminating their forms.

Inching closer, her shaking hands took the wrappings and began to apply them around his waist, though her arms nearly came all the way around his large form, as if to hug him, only to pull back with the gauze in her fingers. Being this close had made her remember the night under the glowing stars, but earlier he had smelled of blood, sweat, and even.. fear. It was when he spoke, as soft as the wind in the trees, that made her freeze up as she loosened the last of the bandages around his dark form.

The ocean in her eyes swam, dancing with the fire's glow. He was sorry, just as he had been time and time again. And yet no matter what he had done wrong, Silvano always turned and apologized. 'I meant what I did', the words burned into her head, like a whisper. Even when she had felt angry at him, those words swam in the depths of her eyes, and they were there each time she closed them. In silence she could hear them, as if he had said them to her directly, and yet he hadn't. When he turned to face her again, Elle made no motion to move backwards, and remained staring straight ahead, lost in thought.

Tears still crystallized in the corners of her eyes, as they found their way to meet his sparkling emerald eyes. "You.. you saved me," she said again, though more incredulously. 'I meant what I did', she heard her heart say. A soft smile painted her lips in remembrance, and in the grip of the wicked man she knew, that deep in her heart the knight would come. He was always there, eyes shining like armor, alive and deep. It was those same eyes that glanced down at her, now, as they did when he had caught her from that tree, or under the moon's white glow in the library. He was there, he was real, and he had saved her as would a prince in a tale.

'I meant what I did', she heard, almost as clear as a bell. A hand had found its way on his arm, and the other went to her lips. "Oh my.." her sing-song voice whispered, her gaze tearing away from his own. This man was no prince, but he had become a knight that very day, and needed no shining armor but for his bravery. He had proven himself time and time again, and yet the Dreamer girl's head swam with thoughts of beautiful kingdoms that she had forgotten about gallantry. "It's you," came her voice, full of shock as she felt her heart creep up to her throat. There was nothing truer, then, under the candle's flame, and when sky blue orbs found the green, earthy ones, no wider smile could have graced her delicate features.

All of her notions had been wrong, or at least slightly. As he only looked at her, then, Giselle found herself wanting to cry in joy and in sadness, to blame herself and yet find comfort only through his words. No book had taught her this very feeling, a sudden realization that powdered her cream colored cheeks, a feeling she had yearned for in tales and dreams that had been there, right under her very fingers. Unbeknown to her, small white fingers drifted upwards to his face, as if he were not real at all. And yet he was, and her fingertips burned when she withdrew them slightly.

Like a dream come true, or a story becoming real, the pale princess realized she had found a knight that no prince could replace. It was her knight, her prince, found in an unlikely way. Oh, it really is you~! The pale princess stated in a lilting tone, dark hair flying forward as her arms came around the male's neck, and leaned up to kiss him. He had saved her life, and had swept her away in a fashion the girl had never dreamed, yet her heart flew and her mind whirled, closing her dancing eyes as the only words she could see, hear, and even feel enveloped her. 'I meant what I did'.

<style type="text/css">
.freeba701 b {font-weight:bold; color:#d9d699; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #325630; }
.freeba701 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freeba701 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#9fae93; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fMZAV.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #325630; padding: 100px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1d3f1b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #9fae93; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freeba701 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freeba701 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread