Little child have no fear
5+

She gazed down at little Wretch and wondered if Lily would have been like her if she had lived. If she would have been shy or loud, inquisitive maybe, fierce like herself, calm and detached like Temo. Or if she would have echoed the wild personality of her long dead aunt. The lines of her face contorted int fondness as the female expressed her concerns over any future relationships and pregnancy that she may have and Jace wished she could sit down next to the girl but her large stomach would not allow this,

"Well Wretch you're still young. You don't really need to be worrying about that for the moment. When I was younger I never thought I'd find myself anybody to love either or have children of my own. My pack was smallish and I didn't like anybody in it that way until a newcomer showed up but that wasn't love it was a child's crush. At the time I thought he had broken my heart but it turned out he had done me a favor." A bitter smile twisted her mouth, that man was now hated and reviled above everyone else that was in her bad graces. "Just keep an open mind while you search. You never know you could have more than one that is meant to be with you or it could be a woman you fall for. Love and relationships are never straight forwards or as simple as they seem. Myself and Temo have been through a hell of a lot together since we were barely adults ourselves." There. She felt that was some good advice for the girl, open minded but cautious. Jace knew some people didn't follow nature's design for male and female to be together and she was okay with that, she didn't condemn those who had found love for their choice.

Now back onto the subject of the horses names, the final two were graced with the title's of Wretch's siblings. Jace's soul ached for her own sister, her twin, it always would do, the young woman who had been everything to her once upon a time, now she was dust and bones. She nodded,

"That sounds good, Pan and Sal." Her next question had Jace laughing at the memory it brought up. It was a fond one even if it had been born of misery and slaughter for her.

"Well it was just after I had traveled down from the arctic. About a year old I think. Well he had come across from the western side of America, just wandering around I suppose. And we had decided to hunt the same herd although we didn't realise it, it was a large herd. By some twist of fate we ended up coming at the same doe from different sides, she jumped out of the way and we headbutted each other." The female rubbed the side of her head as though it still hurt, "He has a hard head. After that we decided that it would be better if we traveled together because we would have more chance of catching food. I told him I was heading for this area so this is where we came, it took us nearly a year though to get here. We didn't actually get together though until earlier this year"

Messages In This Thread