reminds me there's time to change
[html]

The rat has noticed Leo. >Big Grin

Word Count → +3

Intuition never seemed to escape Adele. She had only sat in the small valley for a little more than half an hour, maybe more, before she heard another’s footsteps besides the near-inaudible ones of the rat. Though she was aware of his company, she simply stared off where Cinnamon had crawled off to, though to him it may have been another clump of flowers in a sea of grass that danced and rolled with the slight breeze. The girl half-forgotten his presence, lost in the rolling and the waves, until his words reminded her of the present like a small stone casting ripples of attention. She flicked her cocoa ear to show that she heard him, but she took another moment to cast a gaze around the valley before turning to the man.

“Greetings, sir,” she replied, her voice quiet and polite, “You may join me if you want. I’m sitting in this small ocean of grassland I found. Lovely, isn’t it?” She saw that he was welcoming, but by his haunted look upon his face showed hardships and she knew that he did not come here to enjoy the grass-sea. “My name is Adele, sir. I joined Crimson Dreams the day before, though things haven’t been colorfully dreamy as of late it seems.” Her words indicated that she knew what happened last night, and she wondered if he was tired because he precipitated in it, though this she did not voice.

Hearing the unfamiliar voice, the brown rodent scurried, or “swam from the sea” as the hybrid would have put it, and climbed into Adele’s lap and stared at the stranger with black eyes. He let out a sudden, small sneeze along with a quick squeak. “Cinnamon is wondering who you may be,” Adele explained, as if she knew this is how the rat asked whom people’s names were. “He’s curious, since he never met many wolves. He told me once that he met a cheery badger once, you know, and wanted to know as many creatures as possible that seem friendly enough.”

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.adele-blossom { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZHoWa.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#817976; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:250px 0px 10px 0px; color:#59301c; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.adele-blossom b {color:#c6b8b6; }
.adele-blossom p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.adele-blossom p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.adele-blossom .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.adele-blossom .wordcount {color:#59301c; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #59301c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread