Thy dreams shall be [p]rophets.
[html]

Word Count :: 487

Hmm. So, the sea had the power to heal, too? Liliya looked at her hand as she thought about washing the wound with seawater. How peculiar indeed. “She really is a merciful mistress, eh?!” She said loudly as she turned a bright smile to Odessa. Every day the great bay was surprising her, and every day she came to revere the ocean as though she were some type of mystical goddess. She shook her head gently in amazement, making a click click click sound with her tongue to snap off her surprise.

“Yes,” Liliya nodded. “I make boat for island. But I heard nothingk about mushrooms.” She raised a brow in question, peering at Odessa out of the corner of her eye. “How is it that we do not have boat to get there, but we know mushrooms are there?” Her eyes pierced Odessa as though she truly wanted her to explain the absurdity, but Liliya understood that it probably wasn’t Odessa who made up the rumor. After a moment she shrugged. “Silly things. Maybe there was boat I did not know of. But I tell you if I build boat when there is one down the way I vhill not be very happy…” She paused in thought, then added. “Actually, two boats vhould be very good for us I think.” She offered a firm nod, sealing the thought.

Turning from Odessa, she knelt in the sand and moved one plank over the other. She tried to clasp the planks with one hand but found it wasn’t as useful to stabilize the lumber now that it was injured. Her gaze returned to Odessa once more. “You vhill be of much help, I think, if you hold this here so I can fix that nail. Keep your hand back though, you are not wanting to end up like me. Tight, I vhill hit it hard.”

She poised the hammer and waited for Odessa to do as she instructed, thankful for the help. Without the woman there her progress might have been done for the day, but thankfully she could keep going with just a little help. While she waited for her peer to get situated she spoke dreamily of the sea.

“There is nothingk quite like being on a boat. The ocean, she is a beautiful sight when you are out there at her mercy. She has smiled upon me many times and she has earned my respect. Many sailors anger her and she is quick to show them who is boss. Is rare a sailor lives to tell about angeringk the lady of the sea. But on boat from here to there you not have to worry. Will be modest row boat, but vhill just give you a taste of sailing the waves. Is not like horse or cart or your own feet. Is extraordinary. You vhill like… at least, if you have the stomach for it!”

Image courtesy of mnshots@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.liliya-b02 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3AFsz.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#45799B; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:305px 0px 10px 0px; color:#142C3C; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.liliya-b02 b {color:#96BDD7; }
.liliya-b02 p { text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.liliya-b02 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread