Thy dreams shall be [p]rophets.
[html]

Sorry for the wait! I had a vacation last weekend and am getting back into the swing of things. =) Word Count :: 300+

There might have been fear in Odessa but if there was the Russo woman didn’t heed it. The only reason she had whacked her own hand was because she had been daydreaming about the sea, but with someone else’s extremities at risk she wouldn’t dare be so careless. Her keen eyes focused on the nail she was to drive into the wood as she started it off with a few gentle taps to bore the point into the lumber. A moment later, she swung her arm mightily and drove the nail into the material with only a few quick strokes. She smiled and nodded as she grabbed another nail and repeated the steps.

“Looks good. Now these.” she nodded approvingly at the joined edges and then lined up another plank and started over as she continued on about the island. “That would make much sense. Is probably ripe land fertilized by birds and other creatures. I bet is very ready for farmingk on it. Maybe you can find more plants for salve. Did you make salve or do you trade it from someone?”

When Odessa was ready, she drove the nails into the wood again between thoughts, sure to only work when she wasn’t distracted by conversation. After those stakes were bored deep into the wood she raised her head and looked at Odessa with a sudden thought. “Hey, do you know where is tradingk market? I could use some more materials to build with. And I have half the rope for a fishingk net I think vhould be useful for pack but not enough for good, big net.”

She cast her eyes aside – hammer of course halted for now – to set her gaze upon the woven rope that sat in a neat fold nearby. When the woman’s arms grew tired from slamming away at the dock she would sit, rest, and knot the rope while she listened to the waves.

Image courtesy of mnshots@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.liliya-b02 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3AFsz.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#45799B; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:305px 0px 10px 0px; color:#142C3C; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.liliya-b02 b {color:#96BDD7; }
.liliya-b02 p { text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.liliya-b02 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread