Fish fry!
[html]

Word Count :: 400+

Just as she was mourning her stupid mistake she caught sight of a shadow moving in the periphery. With a raised eyebrow she turned to meet the sight of the creamy, curly man. Well, if he wasn’t an interesting sight… She made no attempt to hide her first survey as her grey eyes looked the man over. She noted the rope he carried meaningfully, the bent ears that was one of the prominent traits of his dog heritage, but most of all she noted the curly wave to his fur. She couldn’t help but crack a smile, the seawater making the kink in the man’s already wavy fur more noticeable. Her amusement faded though when her eyes met his face and she saw that cocky grin – a grin she wish she could sport around here, but with just about everyone above her in rank it would be wiped off her face in a heartbeat.

The thought also made her presume the man, just like the others, was at least a step above herself. What made it worse was the fact that from this angle he appeared to be short. She didn’t feel like trying to posture properly to someone who was shorter than her, so she stayed crouching on the ground. Not everyone is out to get you, Liliya. You’ve just got to put up with it for now and work harder… It will pay off like it did for them.

“Hello,” she said as soon as she was certain that the man was here to stay. The rope made a plopping sound when he dropped it down on the boulder. Her attention turned to the fishing pole, the bells at the top a consistent low jingle. She looked back and shook her head. “No feesh is biting yet. But it vill not be longk now.” She hoped she was right, that the fish would bite here at all. If it was like Liliya guessed, she’d be needing more than one catch this evening.

“But I have another problem,” she motioned to the kindling. “I have no flint, no steel, and is too windy to light the fire the old vhay, with sticks.”

A smile came to her muzzle as she realized a way of circumventing the order she was sure would come, and possibly sneaking her way onto the man’s good side. “Perhaps you have some fire makingk tool? I vhould gladly make you a feesh in return, for savingk me the trouble of going back to the ruins for fire.”

Image courtesy of mnshots@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.liliya-b02 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3AFsz.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#45799B; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:305px 0px 10px 0px; color:#142C3C; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.liliya-b02 b {color:#96BDD7; }
.liliya-b02 p { text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.liliya-b02 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread