Fish fry!
[html]

I thought this might make a good stopping point since it's been a good thread but it's getting crusty. If you want to do a post with him responding to her sudden weirdness you can (and I would totally love to read). He can pursue her or stay, or be like BITCH! or whichever you want, but I think we should wrap up and start something newwww!! Word Count :: 500+

The next bundle of meat began sizzling at the end of the pole while Denver munched on the first batch. Watching him eat so merrily made her happy, she was serving her pack and her skills were being put to good use. Later when she had better means, she would make amazing seafood dinners for Salsoa. She gently nodded her acknowledgement. “Yes, that was longk after I left.”

“I did not know Magnolia is from Court also. I have not met the girl formally, but I am knowingk who you are talkingk about. Niro… bah,” she said, waving her hand flippantly despite the old wound that was being picked at beneath the surface. “Is good you not make friend with him. He is not good sort.” She shook her head then noticed that the next, smaller cutlets were cooking much quicker. Her eyes bugged as she worried she might burn them, and she quickly pulled them back from the flame. Well, they were a little over brown, but at least these ones were just for her. They wouldn’t be all bad.

She skipped adding more to the fire so she could have a moment to eat. Stabbing one end of one pole into the ground, she plucked the food from the other. The flaky meat was crispy and warm in her hands, and she gingerly flopped it from palm to palm while it cooled. A moment later she took a savory bite, her hard work finally paying off, but it wasn’t as paradisiacal as she had hoped. Niro’s daughter? She almost choked on her food, swallowing too early and too dry. She coughed and sputtered for a moment before turning her eyes back to Denver.

“Niro has a daughter? No, is not true. She is a Takekuro?” She burst as soon as she recovered. That age? She couldn’t stop the jealousy that rose in her gullet. “Vhat jerk! Guy is jerk! Do me favor, next time you see him, castrate him for me. Ok? Oh, what a slimy… he is toad…. pond scum.. womanizer!...” And for a moment her English faded out, replaced by a string of very angry sounding Russian syllables. It would be a fair bet to say that they were far worse than the string of English insults that came from her before.

A moment later her words died down and she simply sat in silence and stewed. Her eyes stared blankly at the meat in her hands and she realized sadly that she had lost her appetite quickly and fully. After a long moment, a deep sigh heaved in her chest and she turned guilty eyes to Denver. “I am sorry, I should not say such things about someone’s father. Is not her fault.”

A slew of emotions churned behind her eyes, though her countenance remained still. She held out the cooked meat she had taken one bite of to Denver. “I am glad you like my cookingk. Thank you. Vhould you like? I am not hungry any more.” Her voice was sad, low. She waited for Denver to accept or deny the offering and then stood up, taking a few steps away from the fire. She stared out at the ocean and without looking at the man said, “I think I vhill go for a walk. If fish bites you can have. Feel free to do vhat you want, I vhill come back for my fishingk stuff later.” And with that she left him, wandering off down the shore.

Image courtesy of davidesimonetti@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.liliya-a01 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/cz46K.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#8696A3; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:335px 0px 10px 0px; color:#1F282F; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #91C8F3; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.liliya-a01 b {color:#E0F0FC; }
.liliya-a01 p { text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.liliya-a01 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread