fortissimo
[html]

Dresden was further put at ease by the woman’s drifting attention. Good, less trouble for him, it seemed. Had she truly been toying with the idea of launching an attack against him, he doubted she would have been so quick to divert her attention. Those lacking in experience only looked away for two reasons; an unfortunate slip of their guard or an unintended declaration that they were not prepared to attack. In either case, Dresden would have the advantage. He found himself shaking his head at her next volley of questions, staring back impassively at her narrowed gaze. “A simple guess. This is the first I’ve heard of any war.” He gave his shoulders a slight shrug. “Had I known what was going on before now, I likely would have been well on my way out of this region. I may be an adept fighter, but I see no need to risk my life for a cause I have no stake in.” Yes, to some extent Dresden enjoyed the thrill of a fight, but full-scale war between packs could easily escalate into a brutal and bloody thing. Perhaps the months of solitude had left him jaded, but he was not eager to put his life on the line for a bunch of strangers by getting involved in this mess now.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread