Bittersweet Symphony
[html]

<3 ↔ 431 words

The war and its outcome was still fresh in Liam's mind and to be honest, everything about it felt like a dream – not reality. It hadn't entirely sunk in that his Uncle was dead... or that he would never get the innocence of a young puppy ever again. He wasn't going to fuss over the matter though, not now. He wanted to stop thinking about it for a little while... at least a little while.

So far Jackson was proving to be an okay distraction. Not the best, evidently, but not the worse either. “Definitely a good plan,” Liam said with a humorless laugh, his black lips twitching into a slightly wider grin. “Things have been a little hectic in my pack lately but hopefully we'll all be alright really soon.” he said. It was evident in his tone of voice that this was as far as he was going to go – he wasn't going to talk about the war and hoped Jackson wouldn't press the subject any further. But then again, it would be Liam's fault if he did. His phrase, 'a little hectic in my pack lately' was enough to leave anyone's curiosity boiling. He sure would have asked more questions if the roles would have been reversed.

He was going to play the hypocrite though and not talk about it if it came up. The last thing he wanted to do now was talk about it – it just made him think about it even more. He didn't want that at all.

“I've never been further east than Halifax...” Liam admitted. He had mostly lurked around Shattered Coast and Shiloh Hills, occasionally even Ethereal Eclipse. He rarely ever went too far though – ever since his siblings had been born he'd stayed really close to his family, and before that he'd still been a bit young and his mother had wanted to keep him relatively close to the pack-lands. “I may have heard of your pack but if I did I don't remember.” he explained, wondering just how far east this Anathema was exactly. Was it as far east as Cour des Miracles was west? Liam didn't have a very wide map of the area – only some of his pack's surroundings. He knew roughly where Crimson Dreams and Aniwaya were but even then he wouldn't be able to point out their boundaries on a map.

Liam mentally shrugged his thoughts away as he concentrated on Jackson's question. “Just a couple miles south-west of here.” he stated with a stern nod.

<style>
.orangeliam .ooc {font-style:italic; padding-left:30px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 3px #903f04; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#984b12;}
.orangeliam p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:10px;}
.orangeliam b {font-weight:bold; color:#5c0c15; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 3px #903f04; font-family:georgia, sans-serif;}
.orangeliam {background-color:#fd7f3b; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/288a50.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #feaa50; border-radius:35px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; margin:0 auto; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#984b12; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 425px 0px; }
.orangeliam-border {width:500px; border:1px solid #5c0c15; border-radius:35px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Kit.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread