What have we done to you?
[html]

lololol...

Word Count → 462

He laughed in slight embarrassment as Camilla questioned him about his lack of costume this evening. He shrugged slightly, trying to think of an excuse so as not to be too disappointing. “Ah, well, you know… kinda found out about it last minute and everything. Didn’t have time to get one of my own, ya know?” But the girl sought to correct that, coming up with a solution a moment later with a snap of her fingers. He watched as she untied her cape and stood still as she slipped it over his shoulders and smoothed it out for him. And suddenly, he was a necromancer. The boy clutched at his staff and grinned, laughing a mock-evil laugh. “Fear my necromantic powers,” he joked, and soon the fake laughter gave way to real laughter. Way to be a dork, Jackson.

Nonchalantly, the girl then asked if he would be her date to the party. A smile immediately and involuntarily leapt to his lips. It wasn’t something he had expected, but… apparently he was really glad she’d asked. Jackson did like spending time with the girl, and the thought of going on a date with her made him feel all fluttery. He was grateful for the fur that covered his blushing cheeks at that moment. “Well, how can I say no?” he teased, when he’d finally found his words. “Yeah, I'd like that.”He was starting to grin like an idiot.

Then his sister made a sudden appearance at his side and snatched up his hand, dressed in a princess’s dress with her slave trailing after her. He grinned at her compliments, and offered her one of his own. “As do you, Princess Esmeralda.” She then asked what he was doing in the cape and not dressed as a prince. He shrugged. “I guess I wasn’t feeling very princely. Camilla let me borrow the cape,” he explained, grinning at the tawny girl beside him. “I’m a necromancer." He very nearly repeated his ‘evil’ laughter again, but decided against it. Probably a wise move.

Then they were joined by the woman in the skeletal costume who had been speaking with Camilla’s brother earlier. His brow furrowed in confusion as she asked to take Camilla away. He didn’t want the girl to leave, but he guessed it would be rude to not let the skull-wearing wolf to speak with her if she wanted to. He gave Camilla a brief, confused look before turning back to Akira. “Uh, sure, I guess.” Cerulean gaze turned back to girl in the witch’s costume. “I guess I’ll see you later…?” he said, still uncertain about what was going on. He was oblivious as to the enmity his sibling felt toward the girl. That boy sure could be clueless sometimes.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread