Tell Me What You Want to Hear
[html]
Sorry for the super-lateness >_> And yes; I was wondering if he had run away to Russia for a time :< Or maybe he took speech lessons from Gen? XD *is shot*

I have been...predisposed, she said as way of explanation for her ignorance of his departure. Truly a person could not be in so many places at once, much as Ralla tried, and she had been so preoccupied with other matters that she had let other slip through her fingers. Patiently she listened to Leon and soaked it all in, grimly accepting some facts. Poor Leon, to have Analise run away like that. Ralla knew the feeling of having to deal with rebellious children, but Analise was Leon's one and only--to have her disappear in such a way would've thrown Ralla for a loop as well. And such an odd event to occur--Leon fostering children. It was not odd 'weird' or odd 'strange', just odd 'out of place', but that was the least important thing on her mind...

I understand, Leon, Ralla said. While she herself could never leave AniWaya--it was too much like her old home and too much like her soul to abandon it--she could understand Leon's reasons, and respected them even if she could rarely see her dear friend as often as she once had. Maska had caused such grief, had she not been so deeply tied to the tribe by her heart alone she would've left as well. But as it was, she was to stay in a tribe that had caused a war--the most grievous of atrocities. The mother's ears went back as Leon spoke of the war as if it were glorious to fight, even if he meant it to protect them. I wish no one would fight, she said softly. All war brings is sadness, even if peace follows for a time. I don't think I can bear losing anyone else; and you are to have more children! Leon, you must not put yourself in such danger--they need you. After Kemo, it had seemed like one family member after another had to leave and go away; Nayati, Liliana, Saxif, Shiloh, Leon...the list was endless. One by one they had left, and the only consolation was that they were still alive. And then Leon's voice dropped low, and Ralla's heart sunk with every note that it descended into the sentence.

Ralla's body was ramrod still for a moment before she shook her head, ears flat against her head now and tail between her legs as her fingers gripped Leon's arms tightly. Liliana...? She swallowed hard, but found herself cotton-mouthed. Liliana was among the first that she met in AniWaya, and one among the most loyal and dedicated. Liliana had gifted her Sugar, a quarter horse that Ralla counted as a close friend, and had confided in her as Ralla had in her. From the trees Nootau let out a mourning screech as tears fell from Ralla's face again, although she did not sob loudly or make a display; she merely stood there looking up at Leon with those tears, too shocked in one day to really have enough emotion to cry out and throw a temper. How...? Why...? Liliana was such a good soul; why would the spirits take her so early? And with such young children, nonetheless. What about the little ones? Kuruk and Saqui? What about Nayati...? What had happened to her dear friend's family, and why hadn't she been there to help...?

Moon walks. Moon talks. Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.freebaug39 b {font-weight:bold; color:#534e5f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #12161b; }
.freebaug39 p {text-indent:0px; padding:6px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebaug39 {margin:0 auto; width:497px; background-color:#1d3843; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/azf88.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bbc2ca; padding: 134px 0px 8px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a7b8c2; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1d3843; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.5px; text-align:justify;}
.freebaug39 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebaug39 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
000+

[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]

Messages In This Thread