Rose petals and a scent of iron [m]severe violence
[html]

I figure the fight will finish in my next post, that way you'll get a chance to have Lubomir attack her in your next post?

He had heard Lubomir's call, and it relieved him. If nothing else, the other wolves would see enough to flee this place, at least until SteelRose left. She wasn't looking too good so far: she'd lost her thumb, her armor had been severely damaged on the left side, and she was bleeding into her sinuses. Still, he was disarmed of his main weapon, and his arm had been disabled. He heard Lubomir's introduction into the fight, and his heart hung heavy. He expected himself to die, but did Lubomir have to as well?

While his face remained unchanged, focused on his enemy, SteelRose's attention shifted, so fast that while on the defensive he couldn't take advantage of it. Just long enough to note her new combatant and then back to the eight foot bronze wolf...the creature who looked so much larger and should be able to kill her...but that armor, and those swords...they were superior to his wooden shield, axe and knife.

The coyote with the dried and sewn-on ears moved forward quickly, the tip of her sword coming at Skoll below his shield, while she threw her knee, the spike on the armor there leading, at the lower-set form of Lubomir. He did his best to side-step the sword, feeling it brush by his fur. He didn't see if she hit Lubomir, but he had recovered faster than she had. Pushing with his shield, he slammed into her left side. Crimson squirted from the hole in her shoulder-armor. She stumbled, but caught herself. Breathing heavily, she managed another of her smiles, though it was smaller this time. She raised her sword, but not all the way...the torn metal of her armor had dug into her arm with that last impact.

"You haven't been a disappointment, Skoll, this is fun." Her voice had taken on a very nasal quality...the blood flowed copiously from her left nostril. She raised her right hand in front of her eyes and studied it. She wouldn't have been able to take her time like this if he were in a better position. "You seem to have hurt my delicate little hand, Skoll. It used to have five fingers...or maybe it's trendy to just have four? I'll make sure to return the favor so that we're both popular." Mockery, of course. She had seemed to lose some of her cockiness, but the ragged woman still seemed ready for another pass.

"Are you alright, Lubomir?" Skoll was too close to SteelRose to take his eyes off of her. His knife was extremely dangerous when compared to claws and fangs, but her sword clearly had the advantage. If he charged her right now...he could kill her. The problem was that he would also die. He could let her run him through and get close enough to disembowel her with his knife. He would need to get in the proper mindset for that, though. "Lubomir, it would be best if you left. You're unarmed and unshifted, you're more likely to get stabbed than anything else."

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread