Rose petals and a scent of iron [m]severe violence
[html]

I was so gonna jump on that joiner thread, but you beat me to the punch XD Also, I saw you make another request for Tayui to learn to fight. We can still do that, if you'd like, I'm totally game for another thread in addition to this one.

The big male turned his head toward Tayui's voice as she emerged onto the scene. Pain was beginning to leak into his wounds...the adrenaline had held most of it at bay, but he was beginning to feel nervous as that chemical seemed to drain away and the pain--especially in his right arm--began to grow. He thought he knew what she was thinking, though he thought attention to their wounds might be a more immediate than the possible political ramifications of this. He hated the fear that the wolves around here held for Inferni. If they would just join one another in ridding themselves of the clan, that problem could be easily remedied.

"Not Inferni," he said flatly. "Her name was SteelRose, a warrior I knew of from a war that took place a long way from here, before I arrived in Bleeding Souls. She's a professional, like me...hence the mess." He indicated himself and Lubomir at this last comment. "I told him to stay out of it, to leave it to me, but he wouldn't listen. Just as well, we're both alive. I know I wouldn't have been if he hadn't stayed put after calling you." Now that he was talking about him, Lubomir didn't look so good. He should probably receive attention...it didn't look like he was in danger, but he looked very tired, and had slammed into him preparing for the killing blow, which--with all of his other wounds--probably took quite a bit out of him.

"I apologize for being unable to handle her alone, Tayui. For now, Lubomir needs attention, clearly." Truth be told, he needed some as well, he'd received six wounds and his face was bleeding freely, but he didn't think his condition was bad enough that he wasn't ready for additional orders, or to hold back and explain the situation. It was possible that he was pushing himself too hard to compensate for his inadequacy before. It was his job to be able to handle these situations without anyone else getting hurt. In that regard, he had failed.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread