Rose petals and a scent of iron [m]severe violence
[html]

Is this a good place to wrap up?

Skoll nodded blearily at her thanks, before hearing Lubomir's interjection. Looking down at the sorry state of his comrade, his only response was the shaking of his head. He still had his left hand; that was enough to put up a fight. Lubomir lacked his training, lacked his experience, and lacked his discipline. If someone came looking to make them answer for the death of SteelRose, he would take the challenge alone...even if that meant simply keeping his pack mate in the dark. He was a professional warrior; that meant that it was his duty to lay down his life for others in the pack. If anyone died, it should always be the warrior first...as long as it was possible, his own life should be a shield to those he protected. This was not Lubomir's role...and it was something that most people did not understand. For someone who did what he did, it had to be accepted that everyone else's life meant more than his own, otherwise the protector would hesitate at crucial moments, ponder the idea of retreat or abandonment in the direst moment. Taking this life path meant acknowledging that much.

"It is what I am here to do," he said pointedly, closing his eyes to keep his head clear through everything. "If I acted any other way, I would have been betraying you and the pack. Lubomir is the one who went above and beyond his own responsibilities today." In truth, he appreciated the thanks, but he hoped she would understand that she did not owe them to him. A protector was good only for this sort of situation; he had a place in the pack and the respect of his peers and leaders, so she did not owe him anything. He remained standing, knowing that it would be difficult to get back up if he needed to. He would wait for Pilot to get here and to receive instructions from him.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread