Little Red Riding Hood [DND]
[html]

Table & Coding © Raze; 525 words

The grin slowly disappeared from the female's face as she was met with a greeting that had been entirely unexpected. Slowly she looked down at the body of the wolf before directing her gaze back up to the woman who had taken care of her since she had joined Inferni. "I went hunting. All by myself." The words were spoken carefully despite how obvious they were. "I brought it back for you." After all Halo had wanted the pelt from the wolf that they had hunted together so she had brought back an intact wolf just for that purpose.

"I had only wished to make you proud, Mother Halo, as well as to prove that I was capable of hunting on my own." Mother Halo, it was exactly how she had come to think of the other female even if she had never used the title before. Halo had been the only living maternal figure in her life while she had grown up. She just wanted what any child wanted, to show that they had learned something from the lessons that were taught in order to make their parents proud. But it would seem that hadn't happen and that caused Symera to adopt a somber mood.

The girl slipped off the bed and winced as she did so. The adrenaline had subsided and forced her to face the fact that she hadn't left the hunt hunt unscathed. Her wounds didn't stand out for they were buried below her pelt and hidden by her short fur. But the tender way that she moved gave one enough inclination to believed that the blood that was embedded within her pelt was her own rather than that of the wolf that had been slain.

"I apologize." The words were spoken simply with a bow of her head. It was weird to find Symera like this. Especially since the small girl had proven to have a rather sharp tongue upon their very first encounter. And then upon their first hunt together she had shown that she wasn't the sort to back down from any fight no matter how outmatched she was. But this seemed to be a totally different Symera from those previous occasions. But then again at those times she hadn't come to think of Halo as her mother or had been trying to make her proud. She hadn't been trying to show off as she had hoped to do.

Keeping her head bowed in what could only attributed to be defeat Symera gingerly tried to slip around Halo that had come to stand in close proximity to her when Halo had retrieved her sword in order to make her way towards the door. Just because she thought of Halo as a mother didn't mean the affection was returned and that she was considered to be a daughter. Halo's reaction seemed to make it quite obvious that she didn't share the sentiment. Perhaps it had been rather silly of her to believe that just because she felt a certain way that the other party would feel the same way as well. But hey, at least she knew better now.

<style type="text/css">
.syote1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#eadac7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#857f80 2px 2px 1px;}
.syote1 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.syote1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.syote1 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#989190; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... z8cgsl.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3f3c3b; border-radius:10px; padding: 310px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3f3c3b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread