Tired And Broken
[html]

Haha, oh yes. wc:335

Ehno could not blame the girl for her lack of knowledge of Crimson Dreams’ strife. Joining up only to find that her new home was in the midst of a so-called war—it made sense that she may have wanted to lay low until the whole thing was over. The relief the Marino felt knowing that there was now an end in sight was extraordinary, and certainly Blind felt a relief of her own at the news. There would be no need for her to get involved now. No more fighting. No more fear. That was how it should be.

She seemed eager to learn more, and Ehno found himself shrugging very slightly as he considered the events of the last few days, weeks. “Mmm, AniWaya’s leader had been removed from power,” he explained. Things were still being wrapped up, as far as he knew, but for all intents and purposes, Maska had been dethroned and his threat removed. “They still had my niece and nephew hostage, and we were growing tired of living in fear of another raid. A pack to the east, Cour des Miracles, had been a victim to AniWayan attacks as well. We finally came together with them for a combined assault to end things.” That was the short version of recent events. Most of the Dreamers were not fighters by a long shot. The Court wolves were hardier, and with their combined forces, they were able to finally make a difference.

He idly rubbed his sore side as he continued. “We all split up for our assault, and my group ended up in a skirmish just outside the AniWayan village. Played the hero to save a friend of mine from Cour des Miracles and wound up with this for my troubles,” he explained, motioning to his bandaged side. Stepping in to save Niro’s life had brought the AniWayan warrior’s wrath upon him, but if he had the chance to revisit that battle, he knew he would do it all again.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread