get to workin'.
[html]
rawr / +315!

There was some cool stuff sitting around in the dark recesses of the old court house. After ransacking a few of the rooms upstairs, Wayne brought down five knives that looked to be in good shape. After wrapping them in a skin, he set them in the keep pile of books, knowing they’d be safe there. Dixie kept finding books of all different sizes, and the stack was constantly growing larger and changing shapes.

After a little while of working with Rurik there to help, it was obvious that just one more set of hands was doing wonders. Most of the main floor was cleared of unneeded items, and the rest were organized. It was time to start working on another floor, whether it be the top or bottom. Dixie’s head tilted to the side when the dark male asked his odd and out of place question. Well…yes. Mama taught me to read and write when I was a pup, and I’ve taught Wayne a bit through our travels. Her mouth parted in a slight smile as she watched him. Do ya wanna learn?

The grin only grew as she got back to work moving things, inspecting them and then deciding whether or not to keep or toss. However, her mind was already wandering into a bit of a teaching lesson for Rurik, if that is what he wanted. First she’d write the letters down and have him trace them…and then sound them out and get familiar with them. Then his name, of course! Books wouldn’t come until after he was comfortable sounding out his name and a few smaller words that could be useful for figuring out more complicated things.

Wayne just shook his head and eyed the dark male with amusement, his floppy ears perking up a bit as he worked. ”You ain’t got no idea what you just got yourself into, buddy…”

<style type="text/css">
.dixie-q b {font-weight:bold; color:#b4595d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #6f2629; }
.dixie-q p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.dixie-q {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#6e4d4d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/uzCA7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 170px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a7797a; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.dixie-q p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.dixie-q p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread