[M] the fear of being alone
[html]

Tawny did not answer all his questions, still he knew not the location where such a crime had transpired. Yet it did not matter, for as she described her assailant the boy knew she was growing more uncomfortable. Pripyat had not meant such aggression in his tone, for it was not meant for Tawny but for Fang, where ever the bastard was. As the girl covered herself further, so barely only her nose was visible to him now, he softened though she couldn't have seen his expression just then. Mentally he made a note of all she said of the man, big, black and scarred. That could be a number of creatures he was sure, but he had a name and sooner or later the villain might surface.

When she looked up at him again Pripyat could understand both her desire and her fears. Slowly he moved toward her, his voice soft once more. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry…" And he drew the girl toward him, his large body encompassing her. Only to Arye had he ever been so affectionate, and yet it was hardly the same. There was no desire in this gesture, only friendship and at the warmth of another's body Pripyat felt a great flood of emotion. As angry as he was at Tawny's attacker, he was more sad at the loss of his beloved. Never again could he hold her like this, and discreetly he buried his face into Tawny's shoulder, clinging to her and offering her what comfort he could. "It will be okay…" Although he spoke these words, he was not sure if they were, or could ever, be true. How did one piece back together a being that had been so wholly broken?

<style type="text/css">
.pip-sdb01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffee77; letter-spacing:1px; }
.pip-sdb01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.pip-sdb01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.pip-sdb01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#918d66; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/aIKI8.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #665566; padding: 10px 0px 235px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ddcc99; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread