I Want to Go Home
[html]
Rawr...I say rawr. / 512!

Rurik glanced at Jazer as he neared him and noticed his smile, forced though it seemed. He returned one in kind, though it probably looked more like a "I don't want to be here" smirk. He laid down on the ground and rested his head on his paws. He was just about to go back to sleep when a jack-up Dixie came dancing out of the fort close behind him. He shot her an irritated glance that went unnoticed under the sternness of Wayne and Jazper. Even though Rurik hadn't been doing anything, Jazper growl made him own ears flatten out some. It had carried a certain tone that Rurik had never encountered before, even with his step-father, which was probably due to the fact that his step-father was drunk on vodka most of the time and let Rurik do what ever he pleased. Once Dixie had calmed down, Rurik tried to resume his nap.

But, that wasn't going to happen. His ears pricked up as several howls went up all around them, and Rurik watched as more wolves arrived, more than he had expected at first. Tension began to take root in his gut, which then spread to his mind and blossomed into a flower of uncertainty. Was this really what he wanted? He had been a loner for a good portion of his life; he had never needed anyone but himself to survive. On top of that, he didn't really know anyone here. Sure, he knew Dixie and Wayne, and Jazper and Anann, but he didn't really -know- them, and everyone else gathered was a complete stranger to him, and he didn't trust strangers too much.

He tried to take note of everyone there, find something that would let him remember them later on, but he was too busy wrestling with the thorny flower of discontent and uncertainty to do a great job of it. Though he did manage to wrestle it down enough to hear and comprehend Jazper's orders. Mark the borders...I can do that. It was a simple enough task: take a leak. He did it all the time. He had no questions so he stood to leave.

Before he left though, he trotted back into the fort. He figured if he was going out he might as well go at least a little prepared. He went back to the semi-ruined house he had passed out in at some point the night before and located his black staff, katana, and dagger. He shifted into his Optime form, put his katana on his left hip, his dagger on his right leg, and his staff in his hand. His pack he would leave since he didn't figure he would be needing it.

He left the house threw the mostly gone front door and headed back outside the gate. He didn't know, or care, if anyone would join him. He walked at a slow pace, just to see if anyone would join him, if they didn't, it wouldn't really be much different from the rest of his life thus far.

<style type="text/css">
.rurikthang b {font-weight:bold; color:#85302e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #642d14; }
.rurikthang p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.rurikthang {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#492020; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/5uq0q.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 295px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7e5352; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.rurikthang p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.rurikthang p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread