Hunting Fail
[html]

Sorry for controlling Amaris a little. If you want me to change it, just send me pm.

Word Count → 508

With the little fox next to her and an unsuspecting rabbit in front of her, dinner was ensured. Kiara had never hunted with a fox before and found that it was surprisingly rewarding. The arctic wolf's weight just made her sink into the mud and Kiara found it difficult to move as the mud swallowed her paws. However, Amaris was small and light, so she could run across the mud without it impeding her movement. The small fox had managed to skirt along the forest floor and catch up to Kiara as she tracked down their quarry.

Amaris flipped her ear towards Kiara to signal that she was ready to hunt. The arctic wolf sat back and observed the small fox as it lunged towards the rabbit. The little fox somehow managed to catch the rabbit off guard an her claws sunk into the hare's brown hide. Despite their obvious color, the remaining leaves managed to give them enough cover for a surprise attack. Kiara had moved forward and was ready to pounce if the rabbit managed to escape the little fox's claws. A sudden movement to the left alerted the snow wolf to the presence of another rabbit. As the small hare made a panicked dash Kiara thrusted her hulking body forward and caught the hare by its neck. With a quick shake of her jaws, Kiara snapped the rabbits neck causing it to go limp.

A flutter of wings in the tree's told Kiara that Amaris was not the only scavenger to follow her today. With the rabbit still in her jaws, Kiara turned her sapphire eyes skyward to find two crows in a nearby tree. The tree had lost most of its leaves, and made the black birds easy to spot. Kiara placed the hare under her paws; if she was going to yell at the crows, she wasn't taking any chances. Returning her gaze skywards, the young wolf yelled "Get lost you rats with wings, there is no food for you here. This is your only warning. You come down here, then your going to be lunch. GOT IT?" Kiara had never liked birds, especially crows. The arctic wolf would often terrorize any birds that were unfortunate enough to be close to her, though she rarely ever ate them. However, the young wolf knew they would try to steal the rabbits and wasn't willing give up her kill.

Kiara's warning managed to keep the crows in the tree for now, but they didn't fly away liked she had hoped. Kiara returned her gaze Amaris and the other dead rabbit. "Good job Amaris. As expected of a fox from the north. I should team up with foxes more often. Sorry about all the yelling, I don't really like birds." Kiara gave the little fox a friendly smile before turning her attention to the rabbit under her paws. The she wolf laid down in the mud and began to work loose the rabbits flesh. After a steady diet of fish, the rabbit was a refreshing change.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread