the thunder of the drums
[html]

Fo sho! Also, this is short. :x

The leisurely pace the pair had been taking quickly drifted to a stop, better to facilitate their conversation. The other male seemed to agree that a ride was pleasant today and shared that his mare still had a touch of her wildness in her. Dresden could understand that. His own stallion had been broken in before he’d obtained him, but Stanger was a stubborn horse all the same. “I hear you,” he said, leaning forward slightly to rustle the horse’s mane. “Sometime’s I’m convinced Stranger only lets me ride him because he likes the adventure.” The action got a rise out of the stallion as Dresden expected, the creature giving his head a shake in agitation.

The other male introduced himself as Ezra and confirmed Dresden’s suspicions that he belonged to the nearby pack. Cour des Miracles, the woman in the city had called it. The Court. “I’m Dresden… uh, wandering warrior,” he replied, shaking his head and grinning in slight abashment. “Not quite as impressive a title as yours.” No, it had been many long, lonely months since he could last claim to belong to a group. High warrior of Kobol he was no more. It was the scarred exile who rode on horseback today.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread