There's a Fire in my Heart
[html]
It's a tad shorter than my usual but oh well. =D

If the same scenario would have occurred a couple weeks back, Liam's reaction would have been different. Completely different. He would have glanced around a little perplexed, but otherwise he would have kept his cool. A grin would have formed on his face at the unusual tone of his voice and he would have probably just gone on towards his home as if nothing had happened. Or maybe he would have continued with the pleasantries, trying to one-up the grumpy wolf. But Liam wasn't the same wolf he'd been a couple weeks ago and his reaction wasn't one of an innocent pup. He wasn't even thinking of pleasantries. Only danger and fear.

Liam was still searching about like a mad buffoon, his bi-colored eyes darting here and there for signs of a threat. At the sound of the other male's voice, his ears perked up some and he began searching closer to the source of the voice.

His eyes finally landed on a specific spot a couple feet higher than himself to the sound of the voice. Unfortunately there was no face to accompany it, only the wolfish smell of a stranger. And I don't suppose you'll be kind enough to elaborate on that? he asked, his temper wearing thin. He just wanted to go home – maybe if he just continued on his way? The faceless wolf probably wouldn't care. But Liam's feet didn't budge. What if this shadowed wolf decided to follow him to the Court? That probably wouldn't be safe for anyone, especially considering the last time wolves from another land had set foot onto Cour des Miracles.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly22 b {font-weight:bold; color:#787491; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #222222; }
.freebjuly22 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly22 {margin:0 auto; width:471px; background-color:#010101; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2uh2737.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #E2DFDA; padding: 241px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#E2DFDA; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
.freebjuly22 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebjuly22 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
Words: 272

[/html]

Messages In This Thread