[P] The Whirlwind
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.sladetracks b {font-weight:bold; color:#010101; letter-spacing:1px; }
.sladetracksooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.sladetracks p {text-indent:10px;padding:10px 10px 0px 10px;margin:0px;}
.sladetracks {width:403px;border:1px solid #303032;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... /slade.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:260px;background-color:#f5fade;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#303032;}
</style>

Table by Jennaphaeus / WC: 403

He chose not to answer about when he would return to his pack. Slade had to admit, now that he was feeling like his normal self he wasn't sure how he felt about returning. If there was one thing he wasn't extremely keen on staying the same, it was how he felt about being in Cercatori d'Arte. Sure, it would always be in his mind as the pack he had joined when coming to the area in the first place, but over time it had felt less like a true home. He was still going to head to the pack's border and see if he could strike up a chat with any of its leaders to see how things had been going, but he was still trying to decide if it was really where he belonged.

Slade let the conversation turn to the birds, at least for the moment. He managed an amused smile, which hadn't been on his face since the day he'd been taken away. “In a way, yes. It leads me to dead food sometimes so it can feed on what's left when I'm done, and it drove me a bit insane when I got lost in a sunflower field....” That shameful incident was one that he didn't feel like bringing up. “I think that it's really just more than one black bird but I call it a crow.”

For the final bit of the talk, Deirdre came down so she was more near to his eye level, and he took this as an invitation to sit down himself. Slade hadn't really noticed how weary his paws were until he gave them a moment's rest. Of course, his relief couldn't last long, because she wanted to know why he didn't ask her about her new... body.

The coyote found himself resisting the urge to stutter as he spoke. “Right. Sorry 'bout that, I just got a bit caught up in my story. So... what changed you?” He was referring to the physical change, but part of him also wondered if there was something that had happened to her mind while he'd been away... such as why she'd gotten into such a bloody fight that she'd been transformed and how she's survived it. Somehow Slade didn't want to think about the other aspect of becoming a Luperci happening to her. Simply the idea of thinking that made him want to shudder.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread