[P] The Whirlwind
[html]

OOC: Smile / WC: 747

“Sunflower field?” She questioned, as she tilted her head to the right, but she did not push that wonder much further. If Slade felt like sharing a story about his stalker and the sunflower field it was up to him, if not. Well, Deirdre had a good imagination she could work something out to fill her curiosity of the event till the story came out. If it every came, she shrugged mentally and then pushed the thoughts away as she brought her attention back to Slade.

She smiled, “That’s alright.” She offered the coyote a smile, “I was actually surprised and kind of relieved that ‘what the hell happened to you?’ wasn’t the first question that came out of your mouth.” She laughed softly before she lowered her gaze to her pawed feet. She sighed and then brought her gaze once more to Slade.

She sighed and her gaze fell distant, cold. “It wasn’t a pretty thing,” she told him, her voice came out blandly. “I won’t go into the details…yet, but I’ll just say I never wanted to become this.” Her hands clutched into fists, “It happened when I was on route through Halifax…I was attacked and I was forced to defend myself.” She exhaled mournfully, “I fought my attacker as long as I could, struggled to stay feral, to stay true to myself, and too keep myself free from becoming what I did not willingly wish to become…” She sighed angrily, her nails dug into her leathered palm. “But I lost and submitted to my attacker’s will.”

Her ears pushed back against her skull, her mind rushed with those images from before. She growled silently to herself, her nails forced the skin of her palm to break. “I was left alone afterwards, and I found myself struggling to move forward. At least eight days past before my body realized what it had contracted.” Deirdre sighed and her features softened, “I don’t know how other Luperci are when they first learn to shift. My father never told me…then again he was born one…coming late into the virus, well.” She smirked softly, “it was painful to me at first, but I believe it was because I fought it. I was afraid, I didn’t want to become something I loathed, I was happy with being just feral.”

“But I could do nothing to stop what was happening.” She exhaled and fell to her side her hands rested before her and pushed out so that she could study her oddness. Her long mane laid over her shoulder and covered her face slightly, brown waves spread out across both herself and the grass beneath her. Her tail came to rest over her thigh its fluffiness overlapped her legs. She sighed and then smiled warmly, “It’s almost been four months since I’ve first shifted.”

“I’ve just recently begun to shift willingly with out waiting it out till I got the urges and couldn’t fight them.” She laughed harshly, “Takes a lot out of you, shifting does.” She smiled and curled into herself, “This form is actually quite useful…”

She closed her eyes for a moment, and then opened them again to look up at Slade. She sat up. Strangely as she was in the coyote’s presence she had begun to feel joyous to not be alone, which made her determination to create her own pack stronger, “Things have changed with me since then.” She looked down to the bindrune on her wrist, “I’ve done things that before all this I would have looked upon the actions with distaste…but,” she smiled warmly. “I guess there are just things one has to do to survive in this world.”

She fell silent after that as she came to realize her story had run its course. Of curse there was much more Deirdre wanted and could tell him, that she should have told him, but she could not yet form the words she would need. How could she tell him, a crush she had not seen for a long time, that the true reason for being what she was now was because a brute had forced her, or that as a result of that event she had turned to doing not so good of things to survive.

Deirdre sighed and offered the coyote a smile, “And that’s my story. Since then I’ve been wondering around searching for territory, others like me…” She eyed Slade sadly and then said, “You aren’t comfortable around me, are you?”

<style type="text/css">
.bird_soulflight01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.bird_soulflight01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.bird_soulflight01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.bird_soulflight01 {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/3274/birds001.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 30px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread