[P] The Whirlwind
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.sladetracks b {font-weight:bold; color:#010101; letter-spacing:1px; }
.sladetracksooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.sladetracks p {text-indent:10px;padding:10px 10px 0px 10px;margin:0px;}
.sladetracks {width:403px;border:1px solid #303032;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... /slade.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:260px;background-color:#f5fade;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#303032;}
</style>

Table by Jennaphaeus / WC: 417

As Deirdre began to ramble about runes, Slade began to have second thoughts about his question. He didn't know where she was going or what she was doing, and the whole idea wouldn't work out at all if he was out west visiting his pack while she did something in this area. Negative thoughts began to drift around in his mind but fortunately he couldn't dwell on them for long; Deirdre wanted to know why he had asked the question in the first place.

There was no point in lying. “Oh, nothing, really, just wondering... you know how I'm a storyteller, right? Well, since I don't have any hands”–he took a moment to glance at his paws, which seemed rather pathetic as he spoke about the advantages of not having them–“I was thinking that you could write down my stories for me.” He managed a small smile. “'Course, I'd be talking your ears off if that was the case. Besides, I don't think you'll be going to Cercatori d'Arte....”

He trailed off. Slade just hoped that he didn't make Deirdre leave whatever she was doing to help him out with his stories; the way he had worded his answer made it sound like he was trying to convince her to do just that, which wasn't the case at all. Instead of letting guilt surround him again he decided to carry on the conversation by asking another question that had been on his mind. “So... what are you doing here? What have you been up to?”

Slade then fell silent, listening for a response. As he gazed around at the sky and trees above him, he wondered where the bird–Falcrin, was it?–was. He also became aware of the fact that he probably looked a bit ridiculous: an Optime wolf and a Lupus coyote, lying in the middle of the ground, chatting about mostly irrelevant topics. They were extremely vulnerable to attack from anyone who felt the need to disrupt the conversation of two innocent canines, but he didn't care about that. Slade found himself shoving away the negative thoughts that had practically lived in his mind since returning to the land beyond the mountains.

This is life, he thought blissfully. Just me and my best friend, lying together alone, talking about whatever comes to mind... no room for confusion, just relaxation. He turned his wandering eyes away from the sky and back to his friend's face. This is what every day should be like.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread