what I want still stays the same
[html]
The savage in man is never
quite eradicated

Word Count » +3

Methodical as he was, Ezekiel was prone to fits of fury—he was controlled now, but inside of him brewed a beast that was a raging typhoon. So not only did he wish to prepare for battle, but he craved it. Fighting was freedom and fighting was the only way to truly speak, without walls or pretense. He briefly thought of Sirius, and wondered how he would fight. Like a weasel, a small part of his mind said. An appropriate idea, for such a slick and vicious thing like the Boss of Salsola.

“We are not at war,” he began firmly. “Nor do I wish to be. But history says one day we’ll have to fight. Dahlia de Mai was our previous enemy,” the Aquila went on, his tone sharpening slightly at the name before returning to its easy, practiced pace. “They have since joined with another pack to form Ichika. It’s across the mountains, north of here. Sage’s father—my uncle—leads there. I still don’t trust them, though.” Not like he trusted much these days. “Anathema is south of them. They’ve killed a member of ours before, and from what I hear, they’re all some sort of cultists. You’d likely find a fight from them.”

He paused, considering the outlying areas. “Salsola, to our west, is not our enemy. We’ve traded with them before; both of those leaders have family ties here. Still, it’s best to avoid them unless it’s for business. Inferni doesn’t really deal with the packs south of us, but I’d be cautious. People know our name.”

A shrug, dismissing the idea as he drew in smoke. “As far as training, if we determine who amongst us is most skilled at certain areas of combat they can train others. I don’t expect us all to be masters at everything. Alma is making me two new bows—I can start training you two, if you’d like.” He said nothing of the horses; they were not his, nor would he presume control over them.

<style>
@import url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... s/zeke.css);
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread