touch of chaos
Alma was quietly pleased that the woman apparently hadn't noticed her minor entanglement with the vine. She brushed the last remaining leaf from her fur as she listened to the other's words.

The change in the way she spoke, and her behavior seemed to indicate that she was not lying, or trying to play a trick on her. This led her to conclude that the short female must be older than even Alma's second guess, and not young at all - though she could detect no gray fur.

Alma wasn't sure what to think when she heard that others of Inferni had been cruel to her. That had not been her experience thus far. Still, the clan's reputation had to come from somewhere. Perhaps there were older members she hadn't met, or only briefly met that had done it.

Her second thought was that it sounded an awful lot like her birth pack, and that was unsettling. Perhaps she was lying and had instead done something to deserve their scorn? That was a more appealing idea, because it meant that Alma hadn't run off to a coyote clan to find that they were as argumentative as her own family. She opened her mouth to ask why they found her untrustworthy, then closed it as she realized that if the woman had done something worthy of their cruelty, she was unlikely to be honest about it.

The only way to know was to watch her.

"Do you want to see?"

Alma was briefly confused for a moment, then realized she was talking about the mansion. She turned her head to stare at it with narrowed eyes. Then she sighed. "I suppose... but if I die, my spirit will haunt you." Her voice was not truly threatening, only resigned to whatever came as a result of stepping inside the mansion. Even if it was a trap, she had to look inside sometime.

Messages In This Thread