illabye
[html]

The stranger was sympathetic to what the Marino had faced, sharing that’ he’d had his own experience with his own family dealing with strife from another pack. It was disheartening to hear that—Ehno would not have wished that upon anyone. As the stranger said, it certainly wasn’t a nice experience. One interesting fact stood out to him from his words; the fact that the stranger hailed from Russia. The revelation clarified the accent for the Marino. He’d recognized it, having met a few canines from that land before, but it was not so common an experience that he had picked up on it outright. Ehno had half a mind to ask him a bit about Russia, ever curious as he was, but the dark-furred wolf beat him to the punch with a question of his own.

“No fighting,” he confirmed with a nod. He turned away from furniture-clustered corner and set his sights on part of the room near where the roof had begun to collapse in last year’s snowstorm. “It was mainly due to the actions of the other pack’s leader, and we’ve removed him from power. We should finally be seeing some peace again.” That much Ehno was thankful for. He didn’t know how much longer he could have handled fearing another attack or anticipating grave news of those who had been captured. He caught sight of his spear leaning against the wall, and realized his behavior probably didn’t seem like someone who saw peace on the horizon. “I suppose it’s just been difficult for me to really let my guard down after all this time,” he admitted a moment later.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread