New Beginning, New Acquaintances
[html]
Hello lovely Smile I'm sorry for the wait on this, I have been away from computers all weekend and now I have an ear infection and like slept all yesterday XD Are you alright dear?

The ebony lady and the other dreamers were all worn and tired; the war had taken a toll on all of the members, it had been a strenuous time for all of them, an exhausting time, when one was always laying awake with worry then the wear and tear of even normal daily life could become a horrendous strain. There had been damage done to the lands, but most notably it had been in the dark female's pack mates minds and hearts, the Aniwayan wolves had invaded their homes, they had snuck in in the dead of night and stolen friends and family from them, it had made the lands feel unsafe, insecure; there was no telling how long it would take until that feeling went away. Of course the guards had been let down a little among the pack wolves, Soran was no longer sleeping with her knife under her pillow, nor was she stalking the lands at all hours with her hunting knife, snarling at small noises, growling at shadows. The lady had become jumpy and aggressive; although once someone seemed to be of no threat then she was quick to relax back into her friendly self. She had been fierce when she had been young, she had been a warrior; the female had fought to defend her pack, herself, sometimes she had simply fought because another wolf had been rude to her; that was not her anymore, she had come back here, back home to lead a more peaceful life, to be the mother and grandmother that her descendants deserved. Unfortunately circumstances had forced her to be a protector once again, to be the warrior that she had once been; hopefully it would be the last time that she would have to be so. The sable Aedile had mellowed a lot in her older age, she was now a far more maternal creature, softer than she had been, this was something that she hoped to maintain. However that did not mean that should the circumstances change, should she have to prove that she could be a fighter once again, should anyone dare threaten her pack, her family, her friends, that she would not be the fierce fighter that she had had to be on the battlefield. And when pressed the dark female could be a tempestuous and cruel creature.

Of course that was not how she felt at the moment, in fact she was rather delighted to see a member of Cour des Miracles on the borders, she had been meaning to travel to the pack herself, once her arm was healed a little more, and see how her family were fairing. Soran had lost track of her grandson in the confusion of the battle, she hoped beyond everything that he was alright; she had not been able to go and see the ochre pelted Knight, to have a wolf arrive in the borders, a wolf that could bring news of a branch of her family was wonderful. The Aedile's dark tail wagged as she looked at the younger, albeit taller, male. She smiled up at him as he spoke. He seemed a very polite young man, and as soon as he spoke his name Soran's face split into a wide grin, oh yes she knew him! Well she knew of him, her young great granddaughter had talked about him a lot when they had been on the long journey back from Aniwaya, the journey had given them a long time to talk. Liam had been the topic of conversation quite frequently in the trip, Robin had often started sentences with "Liam says" or "Liam did this" or even, "when Liam and I were playing". If she had been an older or a more girly female then Soran might have thought that she was a little smitten with the brown male, but of course Robin was just a child and she was quite a tomboy, so the ebony female was contented to say that this male was simply a good friend of hers, perhaps in the future she might see him differently, but the dark matriarch would never have suggested it to her, for fear of making their friendship awkward.
"Oh yes! I know you, well I know of you, you're Robin's friend aren't you? How is my little one?" Soran asked, smiling at the male, her tail still wagging as she looked at him. The young male spoke again and Soran was even more pleased, it seemed that the Catori male was a kind soul as well, coming here to simply see how the pack were fairing, Soran liked him even more in that moment. He gave news of the Courtiers and Soran nodded, it seemed that way for many of the packs at the moment, the war had scarred them, both physically and mentally, but they were beginning to cope once again. They were beginning to move back to normality, albeit slowly.
"We are just about coping at the moment thank you Liam, I don't think I need to tell you that the war has left deep scars upon us. You may come in and see for yourself if you wish?" The dark lady offered, gesturing to show him that he was allowed over the borders. Her smile was cut short as she noticed the male's injuries, it seemed that even the young wolves had not been spared from the horror of the battle.
"Do you require any healing for your injuries?" Soran asked, she was no healer, but she had a basic knowledge and Deuce, her mate, knew a lot about herbs that would help dull pain, between them they might have been able to muddle along together. Cambria was the pack healer, but Soran did not want to bother her, she had been through an awful ordeal, being held captive in Aniwaya. No, if the young male required anything the Aedile would spare her granddaughter in law the ordeal of having to see a stranger.

<style type="text/css">
.sorangift b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.sorangift p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sorangift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9a9a8d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... oran-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFA1A5; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 1002
Table made by the wonderful Vannah <3
[/html]

Messages In This Thread