New Beginning, New Acquaintances
[html]

I hope you get better soooon! I'm pretty alright though, but I also apologize for the short wait. This week has been busy so far. I have Friday off though! Yay for teachers learning teacher-y stuff all day! ↔ 677 words

Before the war Liam had been dead set on joining Robin and all of the other warriors into the Cavalry ranks. All of those hours spent pretending there were vampires and pirates threatening the pack-lands had been a fantasy – a wild dream. In his mind's eye he'd been a grand hero; completely fearless and incredibly great. In real life though he quickly realized that it didn't work like that. He had fought real threats that had tried to steal Niro's daughter away again and the outcome had been deadly. It had scared him but what had been even more shocking was how he had scared his mighty teammates – the patchwork female and the snowy white Aniwayan who had dared betray her own pack-mates for the greater good. He had gone momentarily insane that first time and the second time around, when they'd gone to Aniwaya, he'd been just as aggressive in his technique, slashing and clawing... He was scared that if he went into the field once more the same occurrence would happen. He did not want any more spilled blood on his hands so instead he was turning to medicine in order to help his pack-mates. He wasn't going to be directly on the battlefield but he could save lives anyway. Sure, he would be in the background but he would save as many lives as the warriors.

The grin on her face when he told her his name was unmistakable and Liam assumed she was on friendly terms with his father. Of course he didn't think she actually knew his name. But surprise, surprise! It was the case! So Robin had talked to Soran about him? For some unexplainable reason that bit of news made his stomach feel all tingly and strange. But not the bad, sickly feeling. It was a good kind of feeling, one he had only felt it a couple times before – all of them when he'd been with or thinking about Robin. “Yeah, Robin is a really good friend of mine. Are you her grandmother?” Liam hoped he was right. She could be his aunt, which would mean he had mistaken her for someone older. She didn't necessarily look old but she did look wise by the way she carried herself and by the words she spoke. And considering she had used the words 'my little one', Liam was assuming the two females were close. “She's doing alright though – I mean considering.” Liam paused. “I haven't seen much of her since the end of the war... given how busy we've all been.” he concluded. He really felt bad about not having more information on Robin to tell Soran – more reassuring things to say to prove that Robin was doing okay.

When Soran invited him to see the pack and how they were doing, Liam smiled, his taill wagging momentarily. “That would be great.” he said, which was the truth. Now that he knew Robin had family living here he was all the more excited to get to know some of these Crimson Dreamers and their way of life. It was exciting to find out how much the Dreamers' lifestyle differed from Liam's and the Courtiers! Maybe, if ever he was to come here with Robin, he could impress her with some of the knowledge he had on the pack he had fought alongside during the war. “Oh – no. Thank you though.” he said about his wounds. The healing gashes on his hands prickled at the thought. He had cleaned them up himself but his mother had been the one to do the stitch work before bandaging him up. “I'm in the process of training to become the Apothecary in my pack. My medical knowledge isn't all that vast yet but I'm slowly getting there.” he informed her. Apparently he didn't just have Robin to impress but her 'grandmother' too. He didn't know why it was so important for him to be liked by the ebony female. It just... was.

<style>
.orangeliam .ooc {font-style:italic; padding-left:30px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 3px #903f04; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#984b12;}
.orangeliam p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:10px;}
.orangeliam b {font-weight:bold; color:#5c0c15; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 3px #903f04; font-family:georgia, sans-serif;}
.orangeliam {background-color:#fd7f3b; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/288a50.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #feaa50; border-radius:35px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; margin:0 auto; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#984b12; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 425px 0px; }
.orangeliam-border {width:500px; border:1px solid #5c0c15; border-radius:35px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Kit.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread