New Beginning, New Acquaintances
[html]

I think this thread in bringing out a very adorable side of Liam. LOL ↔ 818 words

The laugh that escaped the older woman's mouth at his question made the young male mentally slap himself. He should have said 'aunt' or something; she was probably his aunt. And now he had probably made her feel old. But then she reassured him when she stated that she was his great-grandmother. Oh. Liam suddenly felt a weight lift off his shoulders, a weight filled with embarrassment and unease. “Oh, that's interesting. So most of Robin's family comes from here then?” Liam said. He didn't know any of his grandparents or any of his aunts and uncles on his father's side. He did – or had – known his maternal uncle, Zafier, but... the man was buried six feet under now and the thought of him still brought a pang of guilt and hurt to the Catori's chest. He did have many siblings though and even a nephew – his family was growing and maybe one day in the distant future he could have the same look in his eyes that Soran had when she spoke of her great-granddaughter.“My whole family lives at the Court. I don't know my grandparents or... great-grandparents. They don't live around here.” he said, and by 'here' he meant Nova Scotia.

The brown-pelted male smiled a little too broadly when Soran referred to him as trustworthy – well, maybe she didn't technically say such a thing, but he decided now was no need to be technical. “I'm glad you think so.” he said. He had always been proud of his pack and was loyal to them – he had proved it by fighting alongside the Court and Crimson Dreamers. He would have died for them if the opportunity had crossed his path. He was ever so grateful that he hadn't, because he was very much enthused about life and about living, but if push came to shove and he had to choose between his own life and the lives of his pack-members, he would lie down and wait for the heavenly Gods above to take him away without a single regret. Then again, maybe that was just stupidity on his part – he didn't care though. He was the King's son and to him, that meant he had responsibilities and duties that, although weren't formally assigned to him, needed to be done.

It was odd how Liam thought he had to prove himself to Soran – as if he needed her approval in order to be friends with Robin. He wanted her to see that he was worthy and that he took his responsibility to the pack very seriously. He had no idea that subconsciously he wanted her to think that he would make a good mate for his great-granddaughter. If she would have said it aloud, telling him flat out that he would make a good mate, Liam would have stared at her awkwardly and laughed in embarrassment. He wasn't exactly knowledgeable in that domain. Even at ten months of age, he didn't really know how the whole mateship thing worked and didn't think he saw anyone in that way, not even his good friend Robin. She was able to do something to him though – make him feel all squirmy and awkward when she said particular words, or she brought on a fierce determination to be better – to achieve greater things. He wanted to make her proud – to make her great-grandmother and anyone else that was related to Robin proud. He wanted the Aatte family to accept him.

Liam nodded as they continued walking deeper into the territory, further and further from the Court that rested miles away. “I mostly clean wounds and did a few bandages... My mother Ayita took care of the rest.” he admitted sheepishly. But she had asked him why he was interested in medicine and Liam believed she deserved a decent answer. He had never told anyone why he liked medicine so much or why he was so determined to replace the departed Alaine as the pack's Apothecary. “When I was involved in the fights...” he began carefully, choosing his words with the utmost precision. “...I felt sick to my stomach at the prospect of hurting people. I did it though... I had to. To help my pack. But... after the first raid on the Court a few weeks ago I decided I didn't want to fight.” he paused again, meeting Soran's green gaze before looking away. “I don't like fighting – at all. But I still want to help people and... healing is the best way to do that, I think. I can make people better and save lives...” he explained, his words bringing out a young man wise beyond his ten months. He had seen a lot in the last month however. Sighing, he glanced at Soran again, searching her face for signs of a reaction.

<style>
.orangeliam .ooc {font-style:italic; padding-left:30px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 3px #903f04; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#984b12;}
.orangeliam p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:10px;}
.orangeliam b {font-weight:bold; color:#5c0c15; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 3px #903f04; font-family:georgia, sans-serif;}
.orangeliam {background-color:#fd7f3b; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/288a50.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #feaa50; border-radius:35px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; margin:0 auto; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#984b12; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 425px 0px; }
.orangeliam-border {width:500px; border:1px solid #5c0c15; border-radius:35px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Kit.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread