New Beginning, New Acquaintances
[html]
Liam's always adorable and Robin looooves him XD

The sable Aedile smiled at the younger male as she noticed the small look of panic on his face, had he assumed that he had guessed that she was older than she was? No, Soran was sure that she looked closer to her age than anything else, in her mind she could not pass for her patchwork great granddaughter's aunt, perhaps other might have thought differently, but she herself had never seen herself as being any age other than what she was, perhaps that was because she knew her own age of course. The truth was that she was the second eldest in the pack, her mate being the only wolf that was older than she was, and that was only by a few months; other wolves might have found it offensive to be lead by younger wolves, wolves that might not have the wisdom and experience that such an age came with, but Soran was happy to be lead by Anu and Savina, she trusted them and their judgement. She smiled as the male seemed to relax, she was pleased that he had not worried himself too much, clearly the ebony pelted female's reply had been enough to calm his nerves. He asked if most of Robin's family lived here and the sable female mused on this, she supposed that they did, the majority of her aunts and uncles resided here, along with two of her great aunts, this was where most of her family was based she supposed; well the family that she knew of, and the family that Robin knew of was the side that Haven approved of and as far as Soran was concerned the small girl would know no other family. Robin's grandmother, her real, blood grandmother, Naniko was actually the alphess of one of the northern packs, but in Haven's eyes she was not worthy of knowing her grandchildren and the Aedile accepted his wishes although it pained her, it was true that Nani had committed an atrocious crime, she had almost killed a young pup with her carelessness, her drug use. After a moments pause the sable female nodded in reply to what the male had asked.
"Yes I suppose that most of us are here indeed, you know that Haven and his siblings were actually born here. Robin's great aunts, my daughters also live here. Robin has a lot of family that she had never met I must confess, she has two great aunts and two great uncles that she has never met, they are wandering somewhere no doubt, it seems to be something typical of the Aatte family." Soran replied, chuckling a little as she explained that her family were a group of wanders, it was the truth, those with Aatte blood seemed to like to wander, to follow their feet to adventure and excitement, although it seemed that in the end, no matter what happened, their feet seemed to bring them back here time and time again until they accepted that this was where they were supposed to live, where they belonged.

The male said that his whole family lived in the court and that he did not know his grandparents or great grandparents, this made the sable female soften even more to him, bringing a warm, motherly smile to her dark lips.
"I see, it must be wonderful to have your whole family living within a pack together, to be able to see them every day." The dark female said, almost wistfully, she missed her children and grandchildren greatly.
"I would not worry about not knowing your grandparents or great grandparents, I never even knew my own mother, somehow things work out that you make your own family and they become all the more precious to you because of that. Have you got a lot of family then Liam?" Soran added, asking about Liam's family, truthfully she was rather ignorant of the King's family, even though she had met Liam's mother before, she had not made the connection between the two, although she supposed that with the same surname then they must have been related in some way. She smiled at the male as they walked, generally meandering into the lands, towards the centre where the large house loomed over everything, they were still not close enough to see it yet though. She listened as the male spoke of why he had wanted to become a medic, firstly he confessed that his mother had helped him with tending to his own wounds. Soran's face broke into a smile as the connection between the brown pelted male and his brown mother was made, of course, she was the king's mate and Liam was her son, now it all made sense to the dark female.
"Ah! I had not realised that Ayita was your mother, how is she fairing? I have not seen her for a long time." Soran said, it was true that she had not seen Ayita for a very long time, indeed she had only seen her once, but the female had shared her love of reading and so the dark female held a great respect for her. Dark ears turned as the male explained why he had wanted to become a healer and the dark female understood completely, she knew the feeling of not wanting to go to war, the Aedile herself was a peaceful creature, she had not been in her youth, but she was trying to be now,she simply wanted a quiet life, she had never been comfortable with ending another's life or causing pain, she had a great respect for all living things. The male seemed to share that with her and the green eyed lady understood completely, it seemed that he had chosen a noble occupation to substitute for being a warrior, it was true that he would be able to help others this way, he could save lives without ever having to harm anyone. To Soran it was a noble idea indeed.
"I understand completely Liam, I am not a warrior myself, I will fight when I have to and I would advise anyone that hurt someone I love to run and hide and never dare poke their head from their hiding place again. But I know what it feels like to kill someone, it comes with a guilt that only another who has ended a life would understand, I know how it must feel. I think what you are doing is very, very sensible indeed, it is a noble idea. Would you like any help or advice with your healing studies? I think I may have some books on anatomy in the house, they are for humans, but arms and legs are quite similar when it comes to us Luperci." The sable female offered, touching the male's shoulder with her good hand gently as she did so, trying to provide some comfort for the male.

<style type="text/css">
.sorangift b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.sorangift p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sorangift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9a9a8d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... oran-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFA1A5; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 1152
Table made by the wonderful Vannah <3
[/html]

Messages In This Thread