New Beginning, New Acquaintances
[html]

WOAH MAJOR POST ALERT! Liam is being all analytical throughout most of it. ↔ 1536 words

Liam nodded thoughtfully, deciding that maybe it wasn't so strange that he did not know his extended family – according to Soran, there were so many Robin didn't know and they all lived a walking distance away. When Soran mentioned that wandering was something the Aatte did, a bubbling fear suddenly welled up inside his belly. He didn't show it on his face, giving her a simple smile of acknowledgment, but he really hoped Robin hadn't inherited that gene from her extended family members. He didn't want her to leave the pack any time soon – he liked her way too much and wanted to hang out with her for years and years to come. “I guess wandering around is a trait within my family's gene pool too... On some level.” he mused, trying to stray away from the thought of Robin potentially leaving for something – or someone – better than life at the Court. As he thought about his statement a little more, he decided that while some of his family had traveled, he was quite content with the Court and didn't really see himself going anywhere any time soon. “Both my parents have both traveled miles and miles to get here. And my brother –“ It was still hard to talk about him, Liam realized as the name escaped his mouth “–left the pack a couple months back and has been exploring and stuff ever since... ” Maybe the whole 'exploring' bit was stretching the truth, but Liam wasn't about to say he hadn't heard from Noah since July, now was he? All of a sudden the brown-pelted male was depressed inside. Noah had left him. That hurt. The thought that Robin would maybe leave him? He wasn't even going to try to think about that pain. The idea of a simple friend leaving shouldn't possibly hurt this bad, should it? “Our families probably just enjoy the adventure of traveling the lands.” Liam concluded, trying to put an optimistic spin on things. Oh no. Robin was adventurous... Damn... This conversation did not help with Liam's abandonment issues – not in the slightest bit.

Okay so technically not his whole family lived with him, now that he analyzed his words a little better, but as time went on, while he still loved his brother Noah, the male that had shared a womb with him almost a year ago was fading away slowly but surely. Liam would most likely never forget him, as they were still and would always be brothers, but the longer Noah stayed away, the more Liam convinced himself that he would never come back. He was getting to this point in his life where Noah just didn't play a significant role anymore. He didn't need his brother and quite frankly, Noah Haskel didn't cross his mind as often as it had once upon a time. He had two new brothers, Skoll and Hati, not to mention a new baby sister. He had a future – a future in medicine. He had a best friend and a wonderful pack, he had enough food and a nice roof over his head so that he would never be uncomfortable... Noah was just a bittersweet memory and from now on it would always stay that way. But did that mean Noah was no longer part of his family? Bound by blood, it was hard for the Catori wolf to go with the affirmative but... maybe it was something he would have to do in order to fully move on. Cut the final tie that held him back... “Yeah... We are all pretty close.” Liam agreed, pushing Noah at the very back of his mind – where he belonged. A part of him wondered why Haven had left his family to settle at the Court. He didn't want to question it too thoroughly however. Sure to him it would have been way more logical for Haven to stay with him family here, but then again if that would have been the case, Robin would have grown up a Dreamer and the friendship they shared would probably never have formed. “Although lately we've been pretty busy with things. And my dad has been spending a lot of time in AniWaya...” he said. Uttering the former enemy pack's name still brought a bitter taste to Liam's tongue.

When Soran asked him if he had a lot of family, Liam didn't hesitate to consider Robin family. And since Robin was his family... “Very much so.” he said with a warm smile, his bi-colored eyes meeting Soran's wise green ones. If Robin was his family, then Soran and all of her descendants were somehow his family. “I never really thought of family that way... how not all family members are bound by blood. I mean... it's possible for someone to be more like family to you than your real family, right?” he mused. Of course he made his words sound as though he was speaking rhetorically – all of the what ifs and maybes, but in his mind he did see a lot of himself and a particular patchwork warrior. But he didn't see Robin like a sister – Lottie and Mara. They were his sisters. Robin was his best friend – he liked hanging out with her a lot and she made him feel special and brave and strong and worthy... but she wasn't his sister. She was... she was... Liam couldn't be sure. “I uh...” He had been about to ask Soran about the butterflies that constantly made their presence known every time he thought about Robin. He had been about to tell her that there was something bothering him – something that he needed answers on. But then that small part of him that knew the answer stopped the rest of him from uttering those questions. He didn't know why – maybe because he did not want an answer right now? Maybe because he didn't want Soran to know how big of a deal Robin was to him? He couldn't be too sure, but instead he changed his train of thought and went with this: “I think my entire pack is precious and they are like my family.” There. That was a good, safe save. Because it was true – he did consider his pack a family. The Catori-Haskel clan was a family within a family.

It seemed as though Soran also knew Ayita. Small world, Liam thought as a grin plastered his young face. A face that was on the fence of childhood and adulthood, with those bi-colored eyes that held childishness and maturity alike. “She's doing good.” Liam informed his mother's friend, glad that he had more ties to Soran than because of Robin. He really liked the woman – she had so many interesting things to say and she made Liam think a lot, analyzing so many things that often seemed banal and concrete. “She had pups – my little siblings – September last. Two boys and one girl... Skoll is the oldest, then there's my other brother Hati... and the youngest is Lottie. She's really cute.” he said as his thoughts turned to his littlest siblings. “Maybe I could tell my mother my visit and how I met you?” the words came out as a question, wanting Soran's approval before speaking about her to his mother. Maybe it would prompt Ayita to visit Soran and perhaps bring the three little ones on an adventure to the Dreamers' land. Liam had a feeling the boys and Lottie would love that. It would give them something new to digest – something that wasn't the Court. Liam was coming here for his first time and he would be celebrating his first birthday at the end of this year. Maybe his siblings could get the head start he'd never had in exploring the big, big world that seemed to go on endlessly around them!

Yes, Liam, like Soran, would also fight if he had to – he would fight for his life and those of his loved ones without hesitation. He would fight for his pack and its honor. Sometimes blood had to be shed, but if it could be avoided, at all costs Liam was going to try his best to do whatever he could to do so. Sometimes it was nice to think that maybe there was an easier way to resolve conflicts than hurting and killing others. The only winner in a war was death and that wasn't very nice. When Soran said she knew what it was like to kill someone, Liam felt a warmth – perhaps it was relief? – flow through him. He had not told her about his own kill, but he felt as though she had understood anyway. “Thank you.” he said. He let her touch wash over him. She had a gentle, motherly touch and it felt good. Kind of like Ayita and the way she would have comforted him when he'd been younger. “I would like that – very much.” he said on the matter of the books. He smiled at her.

<style>
.orangeliam .ooc {font-style:italic; padding-left:30px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 3px #903f04; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#984b12;}
.orangeliam p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:10px;}
.orangeliam b {font-weight:bold; color:#5c0c15; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 3px #903f04; font-family:georgia, sans-serif;}
.orangeliam {background-color:#fd7f3b; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/288a50.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #feaa50; border-radius:35px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; margin:0 auto; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#984b12; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 425px 0px; }
.orangeliam-border {width:500px; border:1px solid #5c0c15; border-radius:35px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Kit.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread