Ocean View
Terra smiled softly to herself. It was nice to be able to share a story from her old pack. Back when the world was new Coyote wandered it. Where she stepped great lakes formed, and rivers followed. Coyote reached the end of the land though. The ocean stood between her and the rest of it. Restless and angry at having the land stolen from it's grasp the ocean decided to kill Coyote. First the ocean tried to lure Coyote in. "Hello Coyote. I've heard about you. Would you like to go swimming?" Coyote knew the ocean didn't like her and refused. "I'm traveling. You have nothing to offer me." Angry the ocean tried again. "There are great treasures inside me." Now Coyote wanted the treasure very much, but was afraid the ocean would try to kill her, so she made a plan. "I'll come see your treasures, but you have to promise to hold onto my tail, and not let go. I don't want to get lost." The ocean agreed, thinking that as soon as Coyote was far enough in he could let go. Once he grabbed on though, Coyote bound the ocean to her, and leaped into the water. Thrashing the ocean begged Coyote to let go as he was dragged around, picking up the salt of the land. "I'll give you my treasure, please!" Coyote agreed, and the ocean gave Coyote the moon to call. Ever since on full moons the ocean has to answer our calls, because the ocean gave it to her.

Terra hoped the story didn't bore Strel. It was fairly long, and didn't have much to do with her new life here. The story promises that the ocean has to listen to us, so I'm not afraid of swimming, even if the ocean tries to break it's promise. As long as Terra listened to what she was told, the ocean couldn't touch her. Too bad it had always just been a story, so the warnings had disappeared. She'd have to learn from those that lived there.

Messages In This Thread