Ocean View
Terra flicked her ears in surprise. She'd never thought about her stories as being only about coyotes. Then again, it made sense having grown up the way she did. She hadn't known wolves before coming to this pack. Listening closely she heeded his warning. It's true it's just a story, but I think it can be true. After all, the ocean is salty. And like I said, the ocean has to listen to us, but it will try to kill us. It just means we have to follow rules. It was frightening to think about drowning. If she had her way Terra would die a good death on land, from old age or failing at a trick.

I guess that explains why I don't see anyone swimming, even if it is cold out. Rolling over Terra glanced at Strel. Are there really wolf stories? It made sense, but was alien to her mind. The stories were about Coyote, and the tricks she used so the canines could live happily. It was a guide to the dangers in the world, and gave hints about how to deal with them. Why would wolves need tricks when they were so powerful?

Messages In This Thread