Silent Serenity
[html]

---

Word Count → 231

The white-furred male was the first to speak up, smiling as he introduced himself and the woman beside him. They were mates, and the girl Sam was apparently fresh new blood in their Anatheman family. “Ah, that’s cool man! Nice to meet yas, and congrats on the mateship.” The boy grinned at the happy new couple over the flames. Jackson had seen one of Anathema’s mateship ceremonies in action once before. It had been a pretty cool little ceremony, one that a good chunk of the pack tended to join in on to celebrate. It was certainly a great way for someone new to the pack to familiarize themselves with all the canines running around the cave-dwelling pack.

Sam asked him for his name, and he obliged without hesitation. “I’m Jackson. Jackson Acidic.” He nodded matter-of-factly as he introduced himself. “I’m a firestarter here, busyin’ myself with keeping these caves all lit up and warm.” And as winter slowly began to overtake the current autumn weather, he supposed that would prove rather invaluable. He didn’t know how cold the caves could get in the midst of winter, but he was determined to fight it off with his favorite element. “I’ve been livin’ here most of my life, so you got any questions or anythin’ just lemme know.” He shifted part of his old blanket over his shoulder to cover him better.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread